News Server Bandwidth Counter

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
phpjunkie

News Server Bandwidth Counter

Post by phpjunkie » 25 Mar 2014, 23:14

Hello All,

Brand new user of NZBGet, and a long time user of SABnzbd. Really liking what I'm seeing of NZBGet, and I'm going to try it out for a few day to see if I will become a full convert.

One feature that SAB has, that I can not find in NZBGet is a simple running counter of how much bandwidth consumption has occurred from each enabled News Server. I've recently went from subscribing to an unlimited Usenet account to block accounts, as this just makes more sense for me financially with my bandwidth consumption --- and the simple counter was a nice indicator where I'm at with my current block.

In addition, this counter would allow me to quickly see that there could have been issues with my main Usenet account, when I would see that there has been some usage with my secondary/backup block account. Typically everything would be downloaded over my main account, and only rare instances would my my backup account be accessed. This counter feature does allow for a simple line of sight into this usage.

Thanks again for a great program, and for any extra information on the bandwidth counter.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: News Server Bandwidth Counter

Post by hugbug » 25 Mar 2014, 23:33

This feature is in the work and will be available in the next testing version. That might take a few weeks.

phpjunkie

Re: News Server Bandwidth Counter

Post by phpjunkie » 26 Mar 2014, 00:47

hugbug wrote:This feature is in the work and will be available in the next testing version. That might take a few weeks.
Thank you very much for the quick response!