individual file download time and average speed

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
wizdude

individual file download time and average speed

Post by wizdude » 05 Jun 2014, 13:53

greetings,

i've been a SABNZBD user for many years and recently have been playing with NZBGET.

one of the things I like about SABNZBD is that i can check the summary of an individual downloaded file and it will tell me:

- how long the download took
- how long the unpack took
- the average download speed

i can't seem to get the same sort of stats out of NZBGET.

would there be the possibility of adding this in?

cheers, wizdude.

rxp

Re: individual file download time and average speed

Post by rxp » 06 Jun 2014, 07:18

hugbug has said the unpack stats are on the road map.

I'd also like to see the download stats.

Since NZBGet is so genuis with historical stats it would be VERY interesting if speed stats could be displayed per server plotted along retention.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Jun 2014, 08:03

I'll add this to my todo-list for the next version (v14).

At the moment you can get the unpack time from timestamps of logs created by pp-scripts Logger.py and EMail.py.

wizdude

Post by wizdude » 06 Jun 2014, 11:21

@humbug thanks a lot for that. it's really the download speed that i'm most interested in.

i experiment with different providers, offerings and packages from different speed internet services. nzbget is a great way to perform some ad-hoc tests, but I need to watch the downloads to physically deduce the average transfer rate.

cheers and I look forward to this coming in a future release sometime.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Jun 2014, 11:28

First there is an "average speed" since program start or reload.
Second in v13 there are per-server download statistics which give you more info than just a download speed of nzb.

wizdude

Post by wizdude » 06 Jun 2014, 11:40

thanks for those. i'll go check them out in more detail.

what i was hoping to achieve is tracking download speed issues with automated downloads across time on a per download basis.

ie: i have something like sickbeard sporadically requesting download content throughout the day. by analysing what sabnzbd currently gives me i can easily see the effective transfer rate for a specific download at a specific time.

i find that some providers have interesting "archival" methods where articles over a certain time period are copied onto slower speed disk. i understand exactly why they do it, but i'm trying to get a deeper understanding of some usenet providers and their infrastructure so i can compare price of providers vs effective speed by time of day.

many thanks for the work you've done to date. that webui, for example, is a sweet piece of work. i remember using nzbget back a long time ago before the webui existed and only knew about it when i went to do a fresh install recently.