Feature Request: Category Dropdown Menu

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
kroner1

Feature Request: Category Dropdown Menu

Post by kroner1 » 06 Jun 2014, 15:47

Hi there,

Love NZBGET and it works perfectly for my needs. One thing which would be nice is a drop down menu of Categories on the Download screen.

What I often do, is download NZB files to a folder on my computer and then add them all in one go to NZBGet via the WebUI (usually about 6 or 7 files at a time). If I add several files at once, I have to add them as "Paused" because not all the files will belong to the same category. Once uploaded, I have to go into each one and set the category before unpausing the download.

I seem to recall that in the old version of NZBGet which used NZBGetWeb as the web interface, it was possible to change categories from a dropdown which would automatically move any already downloaded files into the relevant Category folder and then download subsequent files into that folder.

If a drop box could be implemented, that would save some time but also mean that if I forget to set a category, I can amend it quickly.

Many thanks,

Kroner

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Feature Request: Category Dropdown Menu

Post by hugbug » 06 Jun 2014, 19:22

kroner1 wrote:it was possible to change categories ... which would automatically move any already downloaded files into the relevant Category folder and then download subsequent files into that folder.
This still works.

A lot of comboboxes did look horrible.

kroner1

Post by kroner1 » 06 Jun 2014, 20:14

You are right. Clicking on the download and then changing the category does do exactly that - just like the old version.

What I was meaning was that instead of having to click on the download, then change the category and then save it for every download, it would be quicker to click in the box labeled category on the main download page and have them in a drop down format.

prinz2311

Post by prinz2311 » 06 Jun 2014, 20:27

All this has one downside:

Changing the Category later doesn't change the PP-Settings to the new Category Settings, since these Settings are set only when adding a nzb. If all Category Setting are the same no problem, but if not...

I think changing this is also on the to-do list, but then auto changing these setting when changing the Category would also not always be what the user wants.