[New Feature] Android installer

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
Nedle

Re: [New Feature] Android installer

Post by Nedle » 07 Jan 2016, 09:52

You need to set the execute permissions, use a file explorer which supports that or use chmod 755 from shell.
Just tested, fetching urls also seems to be problematic indeed. On my FireTV I don't need to use IPs and I can just use domain names, fetching works there. But on my Moto X and Galaxy Tab S I need to use IPs and fetching doesn't work. FireTV is running on android 4.4, Tab S on 5.1 and Moto X on 6.0. As you have the FireTV 2 I guess you are running on 5.0 and also get name resolution issues. Seems it is an issue on Android 5.0+.
Last edited by Nedle on 07 Jan 2016, 10:19, edited 2 times in total.

deron

Post by deron » 07 Jan 2016, 10:06

So I supposed the big question is, is there any plans to support Android 6.0 with nzbget?

Obviously the permissions have changed, so will the app be updated?

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 07 Jan 2016, 10:30

I have to correct myself, downloading does actually work on Android 6.0. I had the path set to /storage/sdcard0/Movies which works fine on older Android versions but seems like the link was removed on Android 6.0. Changing it to /storage/emulated/0/Movies fixed all the issues I had with downloading on Android 6.0.

Name resolution still doesn't work though.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 09 Jan 2016, 18:08

caponater wrote:I also had to use the IP for new servers in NZBGet. Domains did not work.

Code: Select all

Could not resolve hostname xxxxxx.xx: ErrNo 2, No such file or directory
See https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/146. It doesn't fix the issue but we now should have a better error message printed (which might help to develop a fix).

caponater

Post by caponater » 14 Jan 2016, 21:49

Nedle wrote:You need to set the execute permissions, use a file explorer which supports that or use chmod 755 from shell.
I am having an issue with this. I have chmod 755 from shell but the file remains -rw-rw----
If I move the file as root from my USB to the device itself for example to /data chmod 755 works just fine. However when I point nzbget to this directory for my scripts nothing is listed.
hugbug wrote: See https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/146. It doesn't fix the issue but we now should have a better error message printed (which might help to develop a fix).
Thank you for that update. I look forward to a possible fix.

caponater

Post by caponater » 18 Jan 2016, 16:45

caponater wrote:
I am having an issue with this. I have chmod 755 from shell but the file remains -rw-rw----
If I move the file as root from my USB to the device itself for example to /data chmod 755 works just fine. However when I point nzbget to this directory for my scripts nothing is listed.
Sorted out the permission problem by saving the scripts to data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts

Running into an error with the guessit module

VideoSort61: Traceback (most recent call last):
VideoSort61:   File "/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts/VideoSort61.py", line 253, in <module>
VideoSort61:     import guessit
VideoSort61: ImportError: No module named guessit
Do I need to download and save the guessit module to my device first? I assume I would also have to tell the VideoSort61.py script the location of guessit? How would I do this?

gumbi2400

Post by gumbi2400 » 18 Jan 2016, 16:51

For the life of me I can't seem to get nzbget to write to an external USB on shield TV, I just get permission denied. Even after using stickmount. Is there something I'm missing, does anyone else have similar issues?

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 19 Jan 2016, 15:53

caponater wrote:
caponater wrote:
Sorted out the permission problem by saving the scripts to data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts

Running into an error with the guessit module

VideoSort61: Traceback (most recent call last):
VideoSort61:   File "/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts/VideoSort61.py", line 253, in <module>
VideoSort61: ImportError: No module named guessit
Do I need to download and save the guessit module to my device first? I assume I would also have to tell the VideoSort61.py script the location of guessit? How would I do this?
The VideoSort script adds the <scriptdir>/lib directory to the path, so you can just put all necessary modules in there. I didn't upload those with my modified version as they are just the same as the normal script.
Uploaded the script with modules in a zip now, just put this whole folder in your scripts directory and it should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01xq7778p19tj ... 1.zip?dl=1

Also make sure you have busybox installed BTW.

caponater

Post by caponater » 19 Jan 2016, 18:18

Nedle wrote:
The VideoSort script adds the <scriptdir>/lib directory to the path, so you can just put all necessary modules in there. I didn't upload those with my modified version as they are just the same as the normal script.
Uploaded the script with modules in a zip now, just put this whole folder in your scripts directory and it should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01xq7778p19tj ... 1.zip?dl=1

Also make sure you have busybox installed BTW.
I am still getting the same error when I have this setup
/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/VideoSort61.py
/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/lib

If I move the modules to /data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/ ie. /data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/guessit, etc I get this error.

VideoSort61:   File "/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts/guessit/__init__.py", line 89, in <module>
VideoSort61:     from guessit.guess import Guess, smart_merge
VideoSort61:   File "/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts/guessit/guess.py", line 24, in <module>
VideoSort61:     from babelfish import Language, Country
VideoSort61: ImportError: No module named babelfish
I have tried putting the modules in the following locations.
/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/
/data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/scripts/lib
/data/data/com.googlecode.pythonforandriod/python/lib/python2.7

where should it be calling the modules from?

I have chmod 755 the files. I do have busybox installed (from adbfire system tools)
My other python script (failurelink.py) is reporting success after adding the modules.

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 20 Jan 2016, 08:39

Just put the whole folder in the script directory, that should work.
So it looks like this:

**/scripts/failureLink.py
**/scripts/VideoSort61/VideoSort61.py
**/scripts/VideoSort61/lib
**/scripts/VideoSort61/lib/babelfish
**/scripts/VideoSort61/lib/dateutil
etc.

Alternatively you can move the contents of the lib directory to /sdcard/com.googlecode.pythonforandroid/extras/python. Python is configured to look for extra modules there so if you put them there they should be accessible from every python script run from NZBGet. However, as the VideoSort scripts also looks for modules in the lib folder next to the script this shouldn't be needed if you place the files as I mentioned above.