[New Feature] Android installer

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [New Feature] Android installer

Post by hugbug » 02 Dec 2015, 11:00

deron wrote:This would be a killer feature
The feature exists for half a year but (almost) no one is interested.

deron

Post by deron » 02 Dec 2015, 11:15

We've only just got the Nividia Shield Tv in Europe and a lot were sold over the Black Friday weekend.

I expect a lot more people will be looking at using nzbget on this device. When Marshmellow is released for Android Tv and we can unify memory it may become easier.

mmcckings

Post by mmcckings » 03 Dec 2015, 10:09

Sorry for the bad terminology, I'm not much of a Linux user except just to get NZBget going (or at least attempting :)). I do suspect that it's crashing and was asking if there's anyway to have it restart after a crash, i.e., periodically check that the process is running, starting it back up if it's not.

I'll try the debug version and let you know.

Thanks for the help!

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 29 Dec 2015, 12:52

This doesn't work anymore on Android Marshmallow. Write errors, can't create the directory which causes every file to fail. Marshmallow introduced a new way of asking permissions to the users which is probably the cause of this.

caponater

Post by caponater » 29 Dec 2015, 22:26

Nedle wrote:1. Doesn't seem to be much interest in the android version so I understand that priority is low. However, an android device such as a nexus player, fireTV seem to be quite well suited for running as a cheap NAS. My FireTV has a HDD attached to it which is shared to the network, downloads and sorts all my media and also runs kodi.

2. Yeah that was what I figured too.

3. Honestly it is usually just installing an android APK which has python embedded into it.

4. Nope, only need python for the PP-scripts and python3 wasn't supported so never bothered with it.

5. Yeah I have tried that before, and just did again. It does run on android and VideoSort 6.1 now works properly, however I'm getting a bunch of warnings with this version:

Code: Select all

Fri Oct 16 10:04:06 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: libpython2.7.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _collections.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: operator.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: itertools.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _bisect.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _heapq.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: time.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: strop.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _functools.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _struct.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _json.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: binascii.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: datetime.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: cStringIO.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:07 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: unicodedata.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _io.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: zlib.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _socket.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: libcrypto.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: libssl.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
Fri Oct 16 10:04:08 2015	INFO	VideoSort61: WARNING: linker: _ssl.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and prevents security hardening. Please fix.
To try any of this yourself install an *.apk with python embedded into it, the python files will be a /data/data/<package name>. For python2.7, the one you linked they have uploaded an example apk here:
https://code.google.com/p/android-pytho ... loads/list
The wiki also explains also how you can run it from shell, which is what I use to use to run the python PP-scripts.

Python 2.6 for android can be found here, I've been using PythonForAndroid_r5.apk:
https://code.google.com/p/python-for-an ... loads/list

When I was googling this yesterday I also found someone who compiled static python for android:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android ... 2-t2958679

This is a flashable *.zip and you can just run python after that from shell as python will be installed to /system/python and the executables are placed in /system/bin. Just tested and this also works well with VideoSort 6.1. However name resolution doesn't work for this version. Tried opening some websites using urllib and always get the same error, <Name or service not known>. Someone reported it in his thread as well and the creator suggests a fix by adding a line to /system/etc/resolv.conf but that didn't fix anything for me.
Just playing with the FireTV 2. Which python route would you recommend? Looking to run VideoSort. Would you also recommend using VideoSort 6.1 or go with an older version.

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 02 Jan 2016, 12:31

caponater wrote:Just playing with the FireTV 2. Which python route would you recommend? Looking to run VideoSort. Would you also recommend using VideoSort 6.1 or go with an older version.
I'm currently using https://github.com/kuri65536/python-for-android
Also use a custom videoSort 6.1 as every python for android I have tried reports wrong sizes for large file > 4 GB. Only change to the videoSort script is a new function get_size_workaround() which uses a subprocess to get the size using shell.
It can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2fxukymgo751 ... 61.py?dl=1

You will have to set python environmental variables correctly using libdaemon.so, if you want I can also upload my rebuild version of the nzbget installer with an adjusted libdaemon.so so everything is set for you.

caponater

Post by caponater » 02 Jan 2016, 16:22

Nedle wrote:
caponater wrote:Just playing with the FireTV 2. Which python route would you recommend? Looking to run VideoSort. Would you also recommend using VideoSort 6.1 or go with an older version.
I'm currently using https://github.com/kuri65536/python-for-android
Also use a custom videoSort 6.1 as every python for android I have tried reports wrong sizes for large file > 4 GB. Only change to the videoSort script is a new function get_size_workaround() which uses a subprocess to get the size using shell.
It can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2fxukymgo751 ... 61.py?dl=1

You will have to set python environmental variables correctly using libdaemon.so, if you want I can also upload my rebuild version of the nzbget installer with an adjusted libdaemon.so so everything is set for you.
Thank you!
That would be fantastic; could you upload your rebuild version of the nzbget installer?

mmcckings

Post by mmcckings » 04 Jan 2016, 18:35

Nedle wrote:This doesn't work anymore on Android Marshmallow. Write errors, can't create the directory which causes every file to fail. Marshmallow introduced a new way of asking permissions to the users which is probably the cause of this.
That's a real bummer, I was hoping Marshmallow would address write/permission issues for NZBget.

caponater

Post by caponater » 05 Jan 2016, 23:50

hugbug wrote: An unrelated question: do you need to use IP for news servers in NZBGet or domain names work?
I also had to use the IP for new servers in NZBGet. Domains did not work.

I also get an error when I am fetching NZBs from a URL.

Could not resolve hostname xxxxxx.xx: ErrNo 2, No such file or directory
(replaced the hosted name with x's)

Is there anything that can be done to fix the above? Does the playstore version have issues using domain names?

I am also getting some errors with some post processing scripts.

VideoSort61: Fixing permissions for /sdcard/usbStorage/data/nzbget/scripts/VideoSort61.py
VideoSort61: Could not start /sdcard/usbStorage/data/nzbget/scripts/VideoSort61.py: Permission denied
I did install python. What do I need to do give it permission?