[New Feature] Android installer

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
caponater

Re: [New Feature] Android installer

Post by caponater » 20 Jan 2016, 19:55

nzbget seems to not play too nicely when adding a script to **/scripts/VideoSort61 with script path being **/scripts in the settings.

I can see the script on the side panel in settings and post script is selected under the extension script setting, however it fails to load.

In the interest in getting this to work I changed my script path to **/scripts/VideoSort61
I am getting close. I am running into a permission error. I have chmod 755 the VideoSort61 directory, however I am still getting this error

Code: Select all

VideoSort61: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/sdcard/usbStorage/data/series/Series Name/Season X/Series Name - S0XE0X - Episode Name.mkv'
VideoSort61: Failed: Original File Name.mkv
VideoSort61: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/sdcard/usbStorage/data/series/Series Name/Season X/Series Name - S0XE0X - Episode Name.mkv
Post-process-script VideoSort61.py for Original Directory Name failed

Nedle

Post by Nedle » 21 Jan 2016, 08:41

Really weird that you can't seem to get it to work that way. Did you chmod the whole folder and the contents and not just the folder itself? You need to use recurive chmod to do that:

chmod -R 755 /data/data/net.nzbget.nzbget/nzbget/scripts
Not quite sure what that error is, seems to be a VideoSort error and not something to do with getting the script to run in the first place. Might want to ask in the VideoSort topic too.
Are the directories you see correct and existent? You can use ls -l when in the directory to list the files/directories and their permissions. You will want to make sure they are writable by everyone.
Changing permissions on files and directories which are on the /sdcard usually don't work because of some android changes a while back. Try and see if you can get it work, else you might need to mount it somewhere else. E.G. my HDD is mounted on /storage/HDD/. AdbFire has some easy ways to get your stuff to mount on boot in /storage/usb (IIRC).

caponater

Post by caponater » 21 Jan 2016, 17:15

Appears to be working! I ran it on a couple of new downloads with success. I am getting that error I mentioned above when I re-post process a file I downloaded a day before.

@Nedle thank you so much! and thank you @hugbug for a fantastic program.

When toying around I also noticed check for update fails. The same DNS error that was reported previously.

Could not resolve hostname nzbget.net: ErrNo 2, No such file or directory
If you ever need someone to test on android, I would be more than happy to help.

mmcckings

Post by mmcckings » 27 Jan 2016, 19:58

gumbi2400 wrote:For the life of me I can't seem to get nzbget to write to an external USB on shield TV, I just get permission denied. Even after using stickmount. Is there something I'm missing, does anyone else have similar issues?
Same

caponater

Post by caponater » 03 Feb 2016, 21:44

mmcckings wrote:
gumbi2400 wrote:For the life of me I can't seem to get nzbget to write to an external USB on shield TV, I just get permission denied. Even after using stickmount. Is there something I'm missing, does anyone else have similar issues?
Same
I don't have a shield TV, I have Fire TV 2. I found stickmount to be a little finicky. Are you sure stickmount is mounting your drive properly? Can you see your drive mounted after it is mounted in ES File Exlporer or Kodi?
Last edited by caponater on 03 Feb 2016, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

caponater

Post by caponater » 03 Feb 2016, 21:49

hugbug wrote:
caponater wrote:I also had to use the IP for new servers in NZBGet. Domains did not work.

Could not resolve hostname xxxxxx.xx: ErrNo 2, No such file or directory
See https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/issues/146. It doesn't fix the issue but we now should have a better error message printed (which might help to develop a fix).
As a temp fix for people that get this error. To get around this issue you can edit the android hosts file at /system/etc/ (assuming you have root) to add the domains that do not resolve.

gumbi2400

Post by gumbi2400 » 05 Feb 2016, 09:22

caponater wrote:
mmcckings wrote:
Same
I don't have a shield TV, I have Fire TV 2. I found stickmount to be a little finicky. Are you sure stickmount is mounting your drive properly? Can you see your drive mounted after it is mounted in ES File Exlporer or Kodi?
Yeah it's definitely mounted. I tried a manual mount using su --mount-master and same issue. My best guess is that it's trying to write outside it's namespace. Though the --mount-master bit should be mounting it globally. I have a similar issue when attempting to write to an SMB share.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Apr 2016, 17:09

17.0-testing-r1686 has two changes important for Android:
  • new option "ShellOverride" allows to configure path to python (bash, etc.); useful on systems with non-standard paths; eliminating the need to change shebang for every script; also makes it possible to put scripts on non-exec file systems; more info;
  • better error reporting on DNS lookup errors

SteveWaters

Post by SteveWaters » 03 Aug 2016, 11:59

Is the android app still in development? I ask because of how long its been since an update. Thank you.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 12:16

1. As you may see from this thread there is generally no interest to this theme.
    Since my previous post from "25 Apr 2016" there is no a single feedback to two features made specifically for android.
  2. As for android installer app to my knowledge it works flawlessly; the only reason to update it would be to change the version number to stable. But who cares? (see item 1)