Option to reset RSS backlog protection?

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
get39678

Option to reset RSS backlog protection?

Post by get39678 » 05 Aug 2015, 20:38

Would it be possible to add a button to reset the backlog detection on RSS feeds?

After clicking the button the RSS feeds would return all matches as Accepted/Rejected with NO backlog items.

I seem to get caught out every so often where NZBGet seems to think items are backlogged even though they have not been processed by a scheduled feeder read. This is usually when I have adjusted the RSS filter and perhaps previewed but I can't be sure.

The ability to be absolutely sure that the next time the feed is run all items will be returned and not backlogged would be useful.

Perhaps buttons

Code: Select all

Delete        Move Up        Move Down        Preview        Reset
Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Option to reset RSS backlog protection?

Post by hugbug » 06 Aug 2015, 09:29

Feeds are identified by URL+Filter. This is to allow multiple feeds for the same URL but with different filters.
Changing the URL or Filter makes a new feed (in regard to feed history).
For new feeds all items are marked as backlog on first fetch. Preview button doesn't play a role here.
Therefore when you change the filter the next fetch will not add anything but the second fetch will. You can do the fetch via feeds menu on downloads tab using fetch-button near feed name in menu.

I can add new option FeedX.Backlog (yes, no):
  • yes - when the feed is fetched for the very first time (or after changing of URL or filter) all existing items are ignored (marked as backlog). The items found on subsequentional fetches are processed.
  • no - all items are processed even on first fetch (or after changing of URL or filter).

get39678

Post by get39678 » 07 Aug 2015, 23:10

hugbug wrote:I can add new option FeedX.Backlog (yes, no):
  • yes - when the feed is fetched for the very first time (or after changing of URL or filter) all existing items are ignored (marked as backlog). The items found on subsequentional fetches are processed.
  • no - all items are processed even on first fetch (or after changing of URL or filter).
Perfect - that should provide some flexibility also. TIA

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 21 Aug 2015, 19:41

Implemented in develop.