[feature request] Improving RSS capabilities

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
techitch

[feature request] Improving RSS capabilities

Post by techitch » 28 Dec 2015, 02:54

Hi Guys, recently made the switch to NZBGet and loving it!
One area though that I really think would be awesome to improve is in the RSS filtering space.

It would be great to have a setting like - list but do not queue (or download). Or maybe the other way to think about it is configure the RSS list to show 'ignored' files so the user can browse and select. That way I can quickly get a snapshot of the latest items via my RSS feed from the main page and manually choose which nzb's to download, kind of like browsing the RSS feed however with a set a filters I've set to reduce noise and filter the list how i want.

This is the basic feature i think would be cool and not too hard to implement however to build out on this idea you could add things like size, imdb, tvrage, etc.. to enrich the content view of the RSS feed in the webui

Does anyone agree this would be a cool feature that enables a 'curated' view of the latest content right from the nzb ui?
I think it wouldn't be too much work to implement on top of the existing code.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [feature request] Improving RSS capabilities

Post by hugbug » 28 Dec 2015, 08:36

Configure the feed to accept everything you want to see in the feed view, set feed interval to 0 to not fetch it automatically. Done.