[request] allow manual re-download of dupe detected nzbs

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [request] allow manual re-download of dupe detected nzbs

Post by hugbug » 22 Jan 2016, 21:17

What wrong with this solution:

Code: Select all

Accept(dupemode:force): *
?
You'll get all your bookmarked items downloaded, overriding duplicate check.

dime

Post by dime » 22 Jan 2016, 21:37

hugbug wrote:What wrong with this solution:

Code: Select all

Accept(dupemode:force): *
?
You'll get all your bookmarked items downloaded, overriding duplicate check.
How do you set that? In the config file I see a bunch of Feed1.*

edit: I put that in as the Filter and it works, I think this is what I was looking for thanks.
edit2: I noticed that manually uploading a dupe nzb adds it to the history with status "COPY" - this whole thread was me wondering why the same isn't done for rss, I guess because rss is scanned many times and a one-time upload is scanned just once.
Last edited by dime on 22 Jan 2016, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Jan 2016, 21:46

In web-interface -> Settings -> RSS FEEDS. Choose your feed for bookmarks and in option FeedX.Filter click on button "Change". A filter dialog will open. Paste the text there and save.

This force setting will affect only that cart rss. The duplicate check will be effectively completely disabled for that rss feed.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Jan 2016, 22:00

Nonetheless the outcome of this discussion: I'm going to keep "check for successful dupe items" (as explained in my first post of this topic) only for items coming from rss. For all other nzbs enqueued via other ways (such as via web-interface or automation tools) items in history will be created giving user a chance to redownload items.

In addition to that I could provide a per-feed setting to choose one or another behavior. As you have shown the current behavior isn't optimal for bookmark rss feeds.

dime

Post by dime » 22 Jan 2016, 22:23

hugbug wrote:In addition to that I could provide a per-feed setting to choose one or another behavior. As you have shown the current behavior isn't optimal for bookmark rss feeds.
Okay up to you, the filter setting you provided works for the issue I was having. I think this was a weird case that was resolved by a feature I didn't know existed :lol:

I'm not sure this is worth adding another setting for if the Filter can handle it, unless this "behavior" idea can have additional outcomes. I know there are also pre-processing scripts that can provide further options already.

Personally I use FlexGet for nearly all my rss, the only feeds I actually configure in Nzbget are the "my cart" ones from Newznab. I'm not really sure FlexGet is necessary for what I have it setup to do though, might just drop it in favor of Nzbget's feeds implementation. I should look further into how the filters work.