[Improvement] Page controls

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
aimhere

[Improvement] Page controls

Post by aimhere » 31 May 2016, 11:03

Hi,

I frequently have a problem with the usability of the page controls. When there are more records (downloads, history, log, etc.) than will fit on a page, NZBGet will display a certain (selectable) number along with page controls, e.g. "<--Prev 1 2 3 ... Next-->". But the number of buttons in this area varies with the number of pages in the list, and therefore, the position of the "<--Prev" button ALSO varies.

I can't tell you how many times I've been near the end of a lengthy list, and started clicking repeatedly on "<--Prev", only to find myself accidentally jumping to page 1 because the "<--Prev" button moved between clicks!

I can see one easy way to fix this: add a second "<--Prev" button, right next to the "Next-->" button (after the last page number). That way, the position of "<--Prev" would not change no matter how many pages there were. The original "<--Prev" button could remain where it is, to the left of page 1, for those who expect such things.

Aimhere

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Improvement] Page controls

Post by hugbug » 12 Jun 2016, 18:52

I've tried but it looks weird :(

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Improvement] Page controls

Post by hugbug » 15 Dec 2016, 10:08

As a workaround v18 implements keyboard shortcuts "Arrow Left" and "Arrow Right". For more info see Keyboard shortcuts.