[Feature Request] Default RSS Filter

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
salami

[Feature Request] Default RSS Filter

Post by salami » 29 Jul 2016, 09:46

I'm using several different RSS feeds, but almost the exact same filters for them. After every update I have to manually copy & paste the new filter to each feed, so it would be really awesome if there was a way to set a default filter value that could be referenced in the individual feeds. Unless of course that is already possible somehow and I missed that :-)

Here's an example:
Default Filter:

Code: Select all

Reject: Microsoft
Accept: Linux
Accept: Unix
RSS Feed #1:

$DefaultFilter
RSS Feed #2:

$DefaultFilter
RSS Feed #3:

$DefaultFilter
Accept: OSX
Would something like this be possible? If variables in a filter are too complex, a separate option for each feed like "use the default filter" should work fine too.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Default RSS Filter

Post by hugbug » 29 Jul 2016, 10:08

This works:

Feed1.Filter=my long filter
Feed2.Filter=${Feed1.Filter}
Works but have limitations:
  • If you click on "change" near filter or "preview feed" the filter will not work because ${Feed1.Filter} gets replaced during reading of config file since variable replacement is a feature of config file reader.
  • the filter to refer to must appear before the referring one in the config file. When you add new rss feeds they are added to the end of config, that's OK. But if you reorder feeds in web-interface they order do not change in the config file. In such case "Feed1.Filter" may appear after "Feed2.Filter" in the config file and the variable substitution will not work.

salami

Re: [Feature Request] Default RSS Filter

Post by salami » 29 Jul 2016, 10:16

Oh that's awesome, thanks a lot!