[Feature Request] Mark download as failed

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
larskl

[Feature Request] Mark download as failed

Post by larskl » 03 Aug 2016, 11:29

From main window. Option to fail a downlad instantly. I know that i can delete the download (and mark it as bad in history later), but it would be nice to do it in one action.

Also Sonarr is not handling "bad" as "failed". So even without the shortcut from main window it would be useful to be able to set failed status manually.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Mark download as failed

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 12:04

That would mean the firth option in the delete confirmation dialog.

What's wrong with status "DELETED" and why do you need to mark it explicit as FAILURE?

larskl

Post by larskl » 03 Aug 2016, 12:47

It needs to be failure for Sonarr to mark the nbz as failed, move it to blacklist and send another nzb to nzbget. You could argue that Sonarr should treat bad as failed, and i would agree. But it doesn't.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 13:16

Why do you delete nzbs manually?
Let nzbget's health check delete nzb automatically, then Sonarr will treat it as failure.

larskl

Post by larskl » 03 Aug 2016, 13:26

hugbug wrote:Why do you delete nzbs manually?
Let nzbget's health check delete nzb automatically, then Sonarr will treat it as failure.
To avoid using backupservers with blockaccounts for no good reason - the download fails anyway.

And to speed the process up. Here is a usecase:

Added new show in Sonarr. Sonarr adds the releases to nzbget. They are all from the same upload and when the first few fails due to dmca takedown then the rest is likely to do the same.

In this case it would be great to mark the nzbs as failed manually. Yes, i could disable the backupservers and let nzbget handle them - but It takes very long time for nzbget to fail 24 nzbs (episodes from a season).

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 13:31

OK, I see. So what you do suggest, the firth option to this dialog? That scares me.
delete-confirmation-dialog.png

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 13:33

Actually I think it would be better if Sonarr would treat history status "DELETED" as failure. It shouldn't expect that user moves download back from history to queue.

larskl

Post by larskl » 03 Aug 2016, 13:39

Maybe a dropdown box in the same dialogue - mark as (deleted, bad, failed etc). Or a way to change the status after deletion - add an option besides mark as success/good/bad ..

larskl

Post by larskl » 03 Aug 2016, 13:41

hugbug wrote:Actually I think it would be better if Sonarr would treat history status "DELETED" as failure. It shouldn't expect that user moves download back from history to queue.
I saw a comment where they rejected that suggestion - can't remeber where, but there where some usecases, where deleted should not be treated as failed. In my opinion they should treat "bad" as failure, which i also have suggested them as a feature request :)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 03 Aug 2016, 13:44

Wait, so the actual problem is that Sonarr doesn't handle status "BAD" as a failure? That's clearly must be improved in Sonarr.

And if it would handle "DELETED" as failure as well you wouldn't need an extra option.

Can you please ask Sonarr team about this? That would make more than adding another delete option for NZBGet.