[Feature request] Be more verbose!

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
asarian

[Feature request] Be more verbose!

Post by asarian » 25 Aug 2016, 09:11

Running NZBGet v16.4-22 (Synology, DSM 6), I have the following feature request:

Be more verbose! Your competitor, SABNzbd, is far more verbose when it comes to displaying the status of the current download (like it will show you the amount of missing articles on 'mouseover'. Nzbget tells you nothing at all.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [Feature request] Be more verbose!

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2016, 10:51

I'm not sure what your opinion is based about but in my world NZBGet is far superior in that regard. Not only it shows the total amount of missed articles but also for each server.

The amount of details provided during download, check, repair, unpack and post-processing gives the full understanding of what the program is currently doing. If nzb fails the per-nzb log is an easy to access resource for troubleshooting.

asarian

Post by asarian » 25 Aug 2016, 12:45

hugbug wrote:I'm not sure what your opinion is based about but in my world NZBGet is far superior in that regard. Not only it shows the total amount of missed articles but also for each server.

The amount of details provided during download, check, repair, unpack and post-processing gives the full understanding of what the program is currently doing. If nzb fails the per-nzb log is an easy to access resource for troubleshooting.
Yes, but you have to follow quite a few steps to get there: Select nzb -> Edit -> Statistics -> Articles (unless there is a shorter way: just been using nzbget since today). Was kinda hoping for a 'mousoever' status, as it were (like in SABNZbd).

All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with NZBGet, though. ;) It seems a lot more efficient, and doesn't come with the insane memory leaks, like the Python version in Synology.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2016, 16:18

Instead of selecting nzb and clicking on edit you can just click on download name. That saves steps.

Mouse overs don't work on touch devices, I think it's better to avoid them altogether.

If download has missed articles you'll see a health badge, which is also a rough indication of missed articles. What I probably can improve is to make the badge clickable to bring the download edit dialog with article statistics page activated.

asarian

Post by asarian » 25 Aug 2016, 16:53

hugbug wrote:Instead of selecting nzb and clicking on edit you can just click on download name. That saves steps.

Mouse overs don't work on touch devices, I think it's better to avoid them altogether.

If download has missed articles you'll see a health badge, which is also a rough indication of missed articles. What I probably can improve is to make the badge clickable to bring the download edit dialog with article statistics page activated.
I love the way how you are totally 'on' everything nzbget related. :)

Yes, somethng clickable would be nice; but, in the grand scheme of things, a low priority, of course. I guess it's mostly just me having to get used to the new program. :)