Search History

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
yawkyawk

Search History

Post by yawkyawk » 16 Jan 2017, 08:13

I am not sure whether this would be an enhancement to the Easysort.py script or the NZBGet Search History. But sometimes you have a file which gets processed and it ends up having a name like 12305_01.mkv once it has been processed. When this file is added to the NZB queue it has the full unobfuscated name. In order to determine what this file actually is you either need to play the file and figure it out from the episode name, or you can search for the filename in NZB Get Search History. If you click on messages and enter the filename (i.e. 12305_01.mkv) it will being up the history of the file but there isn't anything which tells you what the original filename was. If you click on the history tab, click the episode name and then click Log you can match up the unobfuscated filename with the filename 12305_01.mkv since the log contains the full history of the filename. However clicking on every file name in history, choosing log is a time consuming way to figure out the name.
It would be useful if the Search History could show this information to enable easy renaming of the file.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Search History

Post by hugbug » 16 Jan 2017, 08:52

Are your nzb-files properly named? If they are I suggest you to use VideoSort with option "PreferNzbName". Your video files will be always correctly renamed automatically.

yawkyawk

Post by yawkyawk » 16 Jan 2017, 08:58

Yes the NZB files are properly named. This problem only occurs say 5% of the time and usually it's all OK. I am only using EasySort, but I'll look at VideoSort. Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Jan 2017, 09:04

EasySort preserves names of files it moves but VideoSort can rename files and this usually brings very good results.

EasySort is better suitable for non-video-files (books etc.) whereas VideoSort is a powerful renamer for video files. You can let VideoSort just use name of the nzb-file by using "%dn" as format specifier or let it build the file name according to your liking.