Only download NZB if required - RSS feeds?

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
kjKmcQN3

Re: Only download NZB if required - RSS feeds?

Post by kjKmcQN3 » 12 May 2019, 20:31

hugbug wrote:
12 May 2019, 17:02
@kjKmcQN3:
There is no old/new behaviour switch. There were so many changes in implementing this feature, I'm not sure if I can easily add an old-switch but I'll look into this.
That would be great. Thanks.

get39678

Post by get39678 » 22 May 2019, 19:33

hugbug wrote:
01 May 2019, 14:55
I've created issue #630 Start URL fetching only after all RSS items are processed on tracker to not forget about this.
Great, I hope you do decide to implement - no problems giving it a test if it helps. Thanks
kjKmcQN3 wrote:
12 May 2019, 12:11
Is there a way to revert back to the way NZBGet downloaded NZBs from RSS feeds prior to v21? The reason I would like to do so is that I now have to manually clear duplicate NZBs inadvertently bookmarked on sites in order to stop them from cluttering up the bookmarks section of the site (DOG is a good example.) Earlier, such bookmarks went straight to NZBGet's History and could easily be used/cleared as necessitated, which I found to be a much easier approach.
It is a pity that this feature has had an impact and I hope hugbug can do something to accomodate everyone especially as I do think it is now correct to not to waste API hits/downloads and put unnecessary load on servers if the NZBs are not even used.

Probably not understanding the problem but perhaps a new tie in so an extension script can catch history items and download the URL anyway if that is what causes the item to clutter up bookmark sections?

kjKmcQN3

Post by kjKmcQN3 » 23 May 2019, 05:11

I'm not sure if any changes have been made on the server side on NZBGet or on DOG but duplicates are no longer lingering in my Bookmarks section on the site like they did just after I updated to v21.