Pick which Server to use?

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
Infiniloop

Pick which Server to use?

Post by Infiniloop » 30 Jan 2019, 20:32

Hi all,

I've been using NZBGet for a little over a year now. My experience up till now has only been with a single server account (unlimited), but I'm looking at adding a second server with a block account for specific cases where the files have gone out of retention for my unlimited account Provider. I'm wondering if I can pick which NZBs go to which server?

My specific usage: I use Sonarr 90% of the time, as well as grabbing NZBs directly from a couple of indexers I have accounts with. What I'm fearing is that my minimal Block account may get wiped out once I add it to my server list. I definitely DON'T want Sonarr to use the block account, so a way to filter those completely out would be great.

In addition, I'm wondering if I can choose which server to use for NZBs I add manually, before they start to DL?

On another note, I see in the settings that you can prioritize your servers, but looking through the Documentation here on this site, I don't see any mention. Maybe I'm just not seeing it? But if the above is listed here on the site, I'd love a link or some kind of direction. I'd prefer not to mess around with trial/error with a minimal block account! ;)

Last note: I am not capable of writing any code if that is the only way to achieve the above. But I'm fantastic with copy/paste and lots of specific directions!!!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Pick which Server to use?

Post by hugbug » 30 Jan 2019, 23:10

This cannot be automated, servers cannot be configured for specific nzbs.

You can add a new news server and set option Active to No for it. That server will not be used normally. You can then activate it via speed limit dialog (click on remaining time label near big round button) when you need to download something using this server. Don't forget to deactivate it afterwards. You can configure a scheduler task to disable this server on regular basis (at midnight for example or few times a day even) for a case if you forget to disable it manually; that can interfere with your manual download though.

Infiniloop

Post by Infiniloop » 31 Jan 2019, 15:04

Thank you for the reply hugbug. You're reply made me think of another possibility....

Using your method of keeping the server with block account not active, older posts will fail on first attempt. Could I then go into my failed downloads list and initiate a DL using the non-active server? And if so, will this KEEP that server non-active after it completes this specific DL?

Another thought recommended from Reddit: Can I use Sonarr's tagging/labeling to dictate which server is used to make the DL? So anything with a tag would go to Server 1 (and then stop if it failed), anything untagged would go to Server B?

Thanks again!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 31 Jan 2019, 16:25

Infiniloop wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 15:04
Could I then go into my failed downloads list and initiate a DL using the non-active server?
You can manually activate server, then move the failed nzb back to queue with command "Download again" or "Retry failed articles".
Infiniloop wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 15:04
will this KEEP that server non-active after it completes this specific DL?
Server configuration is global and cannot be changed automatically depending on anything. Only manual activation/deactivation.