Feature request - extract to one folder but move to another when completed

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
boe

Feature request - extract to one folder but move to another when completed

Post by boe » 13 Feb 2019, 15:57

Hello,

I love NZBget and in 3 years of using it I only have one additional feature I would like. Extraction uses a disk drive far more than copy or anything else. When I stream from the folder it expands the files, when it is a large one it will make streaming impossible due to disk utilization. However i can stream no problem when a file is being copied to or from that same drive. I have a few drives. I'd love to have the extraction process occur on one drive but have the file moved to a final spot when the extraction is complete. This way I can have smooth performance when an extraction or extractions are occurring.

Thanks for considering it.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Feature request - extract to one folder but move to another when completed

Post by hugbug » 13 Feb 2019, 16:56

boe wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:57
Extraction uses a disk drive far more than copy
Not really. Unpacking may use CPU if files are compressed or encrypted, that can be the reason for your issues. Configuring unpack to another drive doesn't help.
boe wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:57
I'd love to have the extraction process occur on one drive but have the file moved to a final spot when the extraction is complete
You can use scripts VideoSort or EasySort for this. Set DestDir to other drive and use one of these scripts to move files to final destination.

If your goal is to watch the file being downloaded/extracted then you will not gain anything by waiting until download and extraction complete. You can wait for download and extraction already.