[Feature Request] Best Usenet app ever

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
dypml

[Feature Request] Best Usenet app ever

Post by dypml » 07 Feb 2020, 18:26

This is more like suggestion than a request.

I was using Sonarr and Radarr with SABnzbd (to some extent i still do), but man oh man does NZBGet blows them out of the water.
This app is so far ahead of any of those and at a fraction of system resources, i mean really fraction of system resources. Kudos to the develepor indeed.

However the main reason for people like me to still use the combination of those apps is to manage the libraries, if possible, if those features are added to NZBGet there is no doubt that everyone will use this app only...

NZBGet does most the stuff that they do already, and it would be super-awesome if it could also act as media library / manager.
I know its easier said than done and i am no programmer. Call it wish but 'eh, one can dream.

Nevertheless, i congratulate the devs once again on a fantastic piece of work..

yeehaa

Re: [Feature Request] Best Usenet app ever

Post by yeehaa » 08 Feb 2020, 04:00

what do you mean? sabnzbd does library management? or are you requesting nzbget do the function of sab+sonarr+radarr?

dypml

Re: [Feature Request] Best Usenet app ever

Post by dypml » 08 Feb 2020, 06:24

yeehaa wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 04:00
what do you mean? sabnzbd does library management?
No, i am not saying that... sabnzbd is just downloader with few options to play around with post processing scripts (from automation perspective)
yeehaa wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 04:00
or are you requesting nzbget do the function of sab+sonarr+radarr?
Yes, as in my current setup using RSS filters,
1.-->i am automatically downloading new episodes, part of what Sonarr + sab does..
1.i --> but to add new series to the list is bit hassle

2 --> one of my indexer provides rss feed for upcoming movies, i use that too to get new movies but i have to add them via indexer site... which in a way is what radarr + sab does but more easily

3 --> quality version is already maintained via dupescore + dupekey so that is there to begin with

to find an existing episode or movie is missing in NZBget, but if you see points mentioned on above, i hope you can understand where i am headed

NZBGet is halfway there and it is not impossible for it to be one stop solution