Some requests for a future version :-)

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
psykix

Some requests for a future version :-)

Post by psykix » 06 Aug 2013, 08:32

Hi,

I've just switched to NZBGet from SAB and it is really fast in comparison..

Some things that I miss that hopefully can be incorporated into a future version (unless they are present and I missed them of course!) :-

The ability to change the date of extracted files to the extraction date when unpacking - this means an old movie will still show up as latest on my system. (it is this option from SAB -

Code: Select all

ignore_unrar_dates	0	Normally unpacked files will get the date/time stamp they have in the archive. If you set this option, the files will get the date/time of unpacking
Show NZBGet status in the browser tab - let's me see if it is inactive or not without having to click the tab - i.e. show Idle or a speed.

Add time taken to download and average speed to the email alert after completion.

Also, how can I change category for a manually added NZB so that it gets post-processed?

Thank you for an excellent program :-)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Some requests for a future version :-)

Post by hugbug » 06 Aug 2013, 09:05

psykix wrote:The ability to change the date of extracted files to the extraction date when unpacking
Use pp-script ResetDateTime.
Also, how can I change category for a manually added NZB so that it gets post-processed?
Click on download in the download list, there you can change category. Then click on PP-Parameters to change pp-scripts. Note: when you change category this doesn't change assigned pp-scripts.

psykix

Post by psykix » 06 Aug 2013, 09:31

I saw that ResetDateTime script and didn't give it a second thought! (I'm using the QNAP version maintained by Clinton Hall) Thanks!

psykix

Post by psykix » 10 Sep 2013, 08:38

I can't seem to get the resetdatetime.py script to execute?

I have it listed 1st under both defscript and script order, but it never seems to run? The rest of the scripts run which are listed after it (deletesamples.py, email.py)

What am I missing?

Is there no switch for the unrar command to tell it to not preserve archive date and timestamp?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Sep 2013, 08:43

Post a screenshot of history dialog for this item.

psykix

Post by psykix » 10 Sep 2013, 08:59

Seems it is set to not run? Where do I change that?

psykix

Post by psykix » 10 Sep 2013, 09:16

Ahh..

I need to add the script to the defscript for the categories?

Just looked and it is not there, so have added it - hopefully that will fix the issue.

Why is there defscript in multiple places though? I take it the categories just override the default?

Cheers!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 10 Sep 2013, 10:00

So many questions, why not just read the description of options? :)

If download has a category set and the category has its own DefScript, it overrides global DefScript.

psykix

Post by psykix » 10 Sep 2013, 10:51

Doh!

I've come from years of sabnzbd - nzbget is a new learning curve for me :-)

No excuse for not reading :-p

adamsdavis

Post by adamsdavis » 01 Oct 2013, 13:48

hugbug wrote:
psykix wrote:The ability to change the date of extracted files to the extraction date when unpacking
Use pp-script ResetDateTime.
Click on download in the download list, there you can change category. Then click on PP-Parameters to change pp-scripts. Note: when you change category this doesn't change assigned pp-scripts.
Hi hugbug

Can you tell me why changing the category in NZBget does not change the assigned pp-scripts? I have tried googling this to try and find the answer but have failed so far. I would like to be able to force a script to run by changing the category and would like to know if this is intentional.

Thanks