[New Feature] Download health monitoring

Discuss newly added features or request new features.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: [New Feature] Download health monitoring

Post by hugbug » 19 Aug 2013, 21:17

moddigi1 wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to put thresholds / ratios on health? For example, my popcorn hour has a weak CPU , as such it would be okay repairing a small 1GB~ TV episode that reached a 94% health, but as happened the other night I had a 12GB film that downloaded entirely and reached 94% health but the unit would have taken 10000+ minutes to repair.

Of course, I put par repair limit to 1000 minutes so it didnt attempt the repair in that instance, but it was a waste of 12GB~ bandwidth. IF there was something where I could say, 10GB+ files, 98% health is the limit before termination, it would save wasting all that time? OR some kind of ratio of file size against health?
What you need is a pre-check which is not available in NZBGet. Health is not that helpful to save bandwidth because the missing articles can be at the end of download.

BTW, the idea of par time limit is not to delete damaged download but instead to repair it on another (faster) computer (PC).

frriction

Post by frriction » 20 Aug 2013, 07:19

clintonhall wrote:My nzbToMedia script does its own check to verify if a download failed, and then will pass this on to SickBeard.

The only thing you need to do is turn on the option sbfailed_fork in nzbToMedia.

If this is not working for you, can you send me some log files from the postprocess.log file that is located in the same directory as nzbToMedia.

I am not saying that it is not working for me, I am wondering if health of nzb is low and if I turn on option "DELETE" upon low health of nzb, does the script see it as failed download or not?

clintonhall

Post by clintonhall » 20 Aug 2013, 11:24

Ok... I'll let hugbug address this possibility.... If it is possible to use a health condition to trigger a script, I can edit my scripts to work with any changed conditions.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 21 Aug 2013, 09:44

If HealthCheck aborts download the NZBPP_PARSTATUS is set to "failed" and all pp-scripts are called. No extra changes in nzbToMedia are required.

There is also new parameter NZBPP_HEALTHDELETED indicating that the file was deleted by HealthCheck but you probably don't need it.

frriction

Post by frriction » 25 Aug 2013, 13:52

So, If I select "Delete" when health is critically low, nzb gets marked as failed and post-process gets triggered than it gets deleted. Am I right?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2013, 14:54

frriction wrote:So, If I select "Delete" when health is critically low, nzb gets marked as failed and post-process gets triggered than it gets deleted. Am I right?
Yes except that it is deleted from queue first and then post-processed but that's just a technical detail.