Browse Headers and Download?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Browse Headers and Download?

Post by hugbug » 22 Sep 2017, 09:47

Most indexers offer RSS facility. RSS is an URL which you can put into browser and as a result you get an xml-document. It contains a list of items. Each item has properties such as title; among others it contains a link to nzb-file (on that indexer). If you follow the link you'll get an nzb-file.

When you put RSS URL into nzbget settings as new RSS feed, nzbget downloads the xml-document from that url, reads the content and finds all links to nzb-files included in the document. Then nzbget applies RSS filter (if provided) or takes all links and downloads nzb-files from that links. Each downloaded nzb-file is then added to nzbget queue and is processed like any other nzb-file added to queue.

The RSS feed xml-document contains only a subset of data, available on indexer, usually only 100 items (or less) which fullfill certain criteria. Indexer may provide different RSS Feeds for HD, SD, Anime etc. Because the content of feed changes over time it's necessary to download the feed on a regular basis. That's what nzbget does automatically.

bwright

Post by bwright » 22 Sep 2017, 10:32

hugbug wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 09:47
The RSS feed xml-document contains only a subset of data, available on indexer, usually only 100 items (or less) which fullfill certain criteria.
Does that mean that a RSS feed for TeeVee wouldn't list the entire content for the group in the same way as downloading headers?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 22 Sep 2017, 10:47

bwright wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 10:32
RSS feed for TeeVee
Do you have an URL of that feed or is this an imaginable feed?

You can't create feed yourself (unless you write a software for that prupose). You can use feeds offered by your indexer site. A feed can contain anything and what exactly it contains depends on feed producer. Indexers provide feeds for certain categories like "HD movies". The feed usually contains the same nzbs which you would found browsing that category on the indexer site (usually only 100 most recent though).

Maybe there are indexers providing feeds for specific groups, I don't know. Look on your indexer or ask on their forum.

bwright

Post by bwright » 22 Sep 2017, 11:02

hugbug wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 10:47
bwright wrote:
22 Sep 2017, 10:32
RSS feed for TeeVee
Do you have an URL of that feed or is this an imaginable feed?

Maybe there are indexers providing feeds for specific groups, I don't know. Look on your indexer or ask on their forum.
It was a hypothetical question from of me trying to understand how NZBGet works , the only information i have is what i have read here.

I see from other threads people suggest NewzNab for viewing the contents of a specific group but this is way to complex and resource heavy for my AC1750 router.

Looks like i'll have to give up on the idea.

bwright

Post by bwright » 23 Sep 2017, 08:27

https://www.binsearch.info/groups.php
https://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?b ... e&server=2

/me points -----------------^ :)

If you could alter NZBGet to work with HTML pages the same as RSS feeds then a user could work with the content of specific groups.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 24 Sep 2017, 17:47

just google a bit for usenet indexers, register, and get RSS feeds