ErrNo 125

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ddwornik

ErrNo 125

Post by ddwornik » 06 Apr 2009, 18:17

When I run nzbget I have tons of errors (about 1.25 per file part) that state:

Code: Select all

Binding socket failed for 127.0.0.1: ErrNo 125, Resolver error
I still get approximately 400 KB/s, which is fairly decent considering I was getting about 100 using hellanzb on the same router.

I am using SSL. This does not appear to be effecting performance at all, so I am curious as to what is happening, or how to diagnose it.

My internetting for it has turned up what appear to be non-functioning configs doing the same thing, but mine appears to be working fine.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: ErrNo 125

Post by hugbug » 06 Apr 2009, 19:00

Which version you use and what is your hardware?
Can you post your log-file or send it to my e-mail address (hugbug@public-files.de)?

ddwornik

Post by ddwornik » 06 Apr 2009, 19:53

My hardware is an Asus wl-500w, I am using Oleg's firmware, and installed nzbget using ipkg.

I am e-mailing a gzipped log file, as I would rather not go on record publicly using my real name as to what I am downloading (nothing criminal).

It is version 0.6.0

I am running with it in a screen session with -s

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Apr 2009, 20:24

ddwornik wrote:I am running with it in a screen session with -s
That's probably the reason. I have the same issue if nzbget is running in "-s"-mode with curses-outputmode: after resizing of telnet window nzbget throws that error-messages. That doesn't happen on big linuxes (debian on PC, etc.) I don't know what causes that behaviour (I suspect signal handling).

There are three possible solutions:
1. Use daemon mode instead of server-mode (nzbget -D). Use remote client mode to connect to the server to check the status (nzbget -C);
2. Use colored or logged outputmodes instead of curses (option "OutputMode");
3. Do not resize telnet window. Once you did it, nzbget needs to be restarted. It can't recover.

I recommend the first solution. I do not see any reasons for using console server-mode (-s) except for debugging or quick tests.

avitarx

Post by avitarx » 06 Apr 2009, 21:03

Thanks for the help.

I am just posting to let anyone who finds this on the internet know, I chose option 1, and it increased my DL speed by between 50 and 100 KB/s.

I