Force Dupe check via RSS filter only

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
kloaknet

Force Dupe check via RSS filter only

Post by kloaknet » 23 Jul 2014, 11:42

Hi all,

Some time ago I had an issue with the DupeCheck option (via settings-> incoming nzbs): it did not allow me downloading a release that was already downloaded and was marked as SUCCESS, although it was some nasty passworded file inside an archive. It happened also for propers etc. So I simply turned it off.

Since there are some issues with the latest SickBeard failing to send an NZB direclty to NZBGet, I decided to just skip SB, and hook a Shows HD RSS feed into NZBGet with some smart RSS filtering. Directly saves me some load, and the webinterface from SB loads slower than NZBGet

In the wiki info (really useful info in the wiki tbh) I came across the option dupemode:score, So I expect it still could do a dupe check for a feed when DupeCheck is off.

Code: Select all

Options(dupemode:score): *

# raising dupescore to allow re-downloading an updated release
# Options(dupescore+:100):$[^[:alnum:]]internal[^[:alnum:]]
# internal will rarely be better than a normal release
Options(dupescore+:200):$[^[:alnum:]]repack[^[:alnum:]]
Options(dupescore+:300):$[^[:alnum:]]proper[^[:alnum:]]
Options(dupescore+:400):$[^[:alnum:]]real[^[:alnum:]]

Accept: *
or do I need to use instead of the:

Options(dupemode:score): *
this at the end:

Accept(dupemode:score): *

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Force Dupe check via RSS filter only

Post by hugbug » 23 Jul 2014, 11:58

When option DupeCheck is off the all duplicate handling is disabled.
kloaknet wrote: it did not allow me downloading a release that was already downloaded and was marked as SUCCESS,
In the history there is a command "Download again". Or if you add an nzb-file from web-interface there is a checkbox "Disable duplicate handling" (for that nzb-file).
kloaknet wrote:this at the end:

Accept(dupemode:score): *
DupeMode is set to SCORE by default. If you don't use other modes in the RSS feed there is no need to explicitly set it (but it doesn't harm too).

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 23 Jul 2014, 13:54

Thanks for your quick reply! I ll turn DupeCheck on again and it will work for me for now.

Although you said you are very busy atm:

However I don't use SB atm, for SB it would result into that a PROPER etc (12 hours delayed because of SB) would not be downloaded when forwarded by SB with DupeCheck on. It might cause some issues for the many SB users. ( I first couldn't figure out why, and how to solve the issue that similar files couldn't be downloaded) So SB users need an additional trick to get PROPER releases when using SB?

Because I didn't like the PROPER handling of SB ( too much delay), I already added a RSS feed with my shows of interest to NZBGet to download the PROPER using the RSS feed filter:

Options(dupescore+:200):$[^[:alnum:]]repack[^[:alnum:]]
Options(dupescore+:300):$[^[:alnum:]]proper[^[:alnum:]]
Options(dupescore+:400):$[^[:alnum:]]real[^[:alnum:]]
Accept: repack | proper | real

Keeping DupeCheck on would mean that when you add releases manually (e.g. via directly sending a nzb via an index site, so without visiting the NZBGet web interface / without using RSS cart feed ) the file could have downloaded before (maybe in a lower quality), and the file just added wouldn't be downloaded, and you wouldnt be informed about this. So in that case, you would like to have dupe check off.

So might it be an idea to sort of be able to enable DupeCheck in the filters, even when DupeCheck is off in the general settings, just like it is possible to turn it of with a filter even when it is on? So that the issue with SB and or directly send files to NZBGet could be omitted, while a RSS Movie feed still can check on dupes? Hope my explanation is clear, otherwise, let me know.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Jul 2014, 14:00

That's not how dupe check works.
If dupe key is not set (and it is usually set only when added from RSS) the dupe check compares full nzb name and full nzb content. If SB sends an nzb with a different name (with PROPER in the title) it will be downloaded.

Most users (who don't use RSS) shouldn't even notice the dupe check exists - only very few items are catched by dupe check (same nzb name or same nzb content) when dupe keys are not used. Unless the app which communicates with NZBGet intentionally sends dupe keys.

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 24 Jul 2014, 08:40

Thanks for the further explanation hugbug!