nzb monkey - windows client

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
punai

Re: New Windows client release: nzb monkey

Post by punai » 29 Jun 2009, 08:38

Yes, you need to specify both in the server config on what IP it should listen for connections, AND in the client config what server IP to connect to. This is normal design for client/server systems =]

Now, I'm curious about what you think of the monkey and if you're experiencing any bugs (that are not already in the changelog's "known issues" section) ?

A new version is coming soon, probably this week (depends on the weather!). Here are the changes I've implemented so far, I still have some more that I want to include from the upcoming features list. If you have any suggestions and/or feature requests, feel free to contribute!

* Progress bars work again (note to self: never set DP values directly)
* File list synchronization completely rewritten
* Queue window state saved on exit and loaded on startup (visibility, position, size)

supergills

Post by supergills » 12 Jul 2009, 21:27

Boy you must have had really good weather!! ;)

Any news on a new release, I'm really liking the monkey, it helps to look at stuff on my media center PC when I'm doing other stuff and it pops up.

Ideas would be a title bar at the top of the screen that displays the server status or the current download. which is on top of other windows so you can see how the downloads are going no matter what your doing.
Ability to add an nzb to the server by drag/dropping it into the monkeys window. Not too sure how category's would work but its an idea.

Anything else i'll add on to here when it pops into my head.

punai

Post by punai » 20 Jul 2009, 09:29

Yes weather was really good =] But I also got caught up in some oily neck-breaking work with my dear old vw bug (which was up for its first inspection in my hands - its now legal for another two years: bliss) and building an outdoor bed from giant bamboo, amongst other things...

I'm back at work now, so I have more time in front of the machine again and hoping to finish some pending things this week. Otherwise I'll just make a minor release in its current state during the weekend... The major thing pending is that I'm trying out a nice library/component I found (which uses neat WPF instead of winforms hacks) for the systray icon's context menu (which i might remove anyway) and popups...

I also spent some time on making a monitor/control wrapper application for nzbget itself, maybe you saw the post (nzbget companion monkey)...

Anyway, thanks for your appreciation, interest and suggestions, here are some comments:

Do you think the minimum size of the window is too big to be on your screen? (It should already stick on top of other windows) Maybe I could make it possible to collapse it to an even smaller "floating" bar... Or that it automatically changes appearance if you try to make it smaller than the current minimum. I'll try some things =]

I've considered adding drag & drop before, but couldn't really see any use for it... Since double clicking an nzb (or clicking a download link on a nzb index site) and choosing to open it with nzbmonkey.exe, will upload the nzb to the server... Before I consider it again - I need to know, is it normal that people store NZBs on their computer to open them at a later time?

punai

nzb monkey 0.1.2

Post by punai » 26 Jul 2009, 01:45

From the changelog:
============================= v0.1.2 2009-07-26 =============================

* Progress bars work again (note to self: never set DP values directly)
* File list synchronization completely rewritten
* Queue window state saved on exit/startup (visibility, position, size)
* Added context menu command to pause/resume server
Hope you like it! =] The popups are currently out of order, sorry about that... They'll come back in the next release!

As always, download available on: http://www.monkeysoft.se