Installing NZBGet manually on a Synology NAS

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
rovingkid

Installing NZBGet manually on a Synology NAS

Post by rovingkid » 12 Nov 2014, 12:18

Does anyone have any pointers for the most straightforward way to do this?

I currently get NZBGet from the SynoCommunity package repo but releases of anything there tend to take a very long time to be ready for update. That's fine for the patient, I guess, but I'd like to update at my own discretion rather than having to wait for SynoCommunity.

I haven't found a good guide anywhere for installing on Synology, manually. My goal is to get a working installation of NZBGet v14 running on my Synology NAS. I'd also like to restore my saved configuration from my current instance of NZBGet, which is the NZBGet 14.0-testing r1121-6 release.

king80

Re: Installing NZBGet manually on a Synology NAS

Post by king80 » 12 Nov 2014, 12:20

rovingkid wrote:Does anyone have any pointers for the most straightforward way to do this?

I currently get NZBGet from the SynoCommunity package repo but releases of anything there tend to take a very long time to be ready for update. That's fine for the patient, I guess, but I'd like to update at my own discretion rather than having to wait for SynoCommunity.

I haven't found a good guide anywhere for installing on Synology, manually. My goal is to get a working installation of NZBGet v14 running on my Synology NAS. I'd also like to restore my saved configuration from my current instance of NZBGet, which is the NZBGet 14.0-testing r1121-6 release.
i tried but i suck at compiling

if you ever managed to do it please release it for all of us..if you see the download count for nzbget in syno store you will see lots of us use it :(

rovingkid

Post by rovingkid » 12 Nov 2014, 12:29

If I do make any progress on this, I will update this post with detailed instructions. It can't be THAT hard. Just need some pointers I guess :)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Nov 2014, 12:57

rovingkid wrote:Just need some pointers
For the start https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc
Once you can compile v13, you can try to update the makefile to create v14. Look at the changset for v13 update to get an idea of what they change during update. You also need to replace the config-file with the one from v14, then do few changes to the file adopting it to synology. Search for "@" to identify such changes (nzbget.conf from spk).

king80

Post by king80 » 14 Nov 2014, 08:17

hugbug wrote:
rovingkid wrote:Just need some pointers
For the start https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc
Once you can compile v13, you can try to update the makefile to create v14. Look at the changset for v13 update to get an idea of what they change during update. You also need to replace the config-file with the one from v14, then do few changes to the file adopting it to synology. Search for "@" to identify such changes (nzbget.conf from spk).

nzbget14 was released today on syno

however i dont see any of the new features after updating like "parthread"...are they hidden or something?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Nov 2014, 08:44

Report this on synocommunity tracker. They forget to update config-files.

To fix manually:
If you have access to file "/usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf" replace it with this file.

king80

Post by king80 » 14 Nov 2014, 08:54

hugbug wrote:Report this on synocommunity tracker. They forget to update config-files.

To fix manually:
If you have access to file "/usr/local/nzbget/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf" replace it with this file.
ok i made a comment on their thread

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc ... 3697ad55b7