"CreateLog" "ResetLog" is obsolete

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
cezare

"CreateLog" "ResetLog" is obsolete

Post by cezare » 15 Nov 2014, 03:00

Hi there,

I just installed NZBGet on my Synology NAS from Synocommunity package.

Synology DS412+, DSM 5.1-5004
NZBGet 14.0-12 (Synocommunity package)
Now, I also added FakeDetector and FailureLink scripts manually. But now I am thinking that perhaps these scripts came as a part of the above package, bundled?

Anyways,
I receive these "warnings" in the logs:
nzbget.conf(813): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
nzbget.conf(810): Option "CreateLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead

and get spammed by below "info" messages each time there is an item added to download queue:
FakeDetector: nzbget.conf(813): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
FakeDetector: nzbget.conf(810): Option "CreateLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead

What have I done wrong?
many thanks,

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: "CreateLog" "ResetLog" is obsolete

Post by hugbug » 15 Nov 2014, 11:12

That's an error in the synocommunity package. See the last posts of this topic.

cezare

Post by cezare » 16 Nov 2014, 03:26

hugbug wrote:That's an error in the synocommunity package. See the last posts of this topic.
Thank you very much sir:)

cezare

Post by cezare » 16 Nov 2014, 08:18

Hi, I followed your last post in attempt to fix this manually by overwritting nzbget.conf with the one you linked https://sourceforge.net/p/nzbget/code/1 ... format=raw.
Unfortunately, I still get the same error message. I wonder where it's finding nzbget.conf with the "CreateLog" and "ResetLog".

cezare

Post by cezare » 16 Nov 2014, 08:58

an update came through Syncommunity a few minutes ago which apparently addresses the outdated config file but that did not do much for me. Same errors.
At first I could not start nzbget but that was because this update changed the ownership of the nzbget folder in /volume1/@appstore/nzbget to "root". I had to change ownership back to my custom user. I also had to change back start-stop-status to run as custom user, after which I was able to start nzbget again. Is this perhaps where my problem may reside?

I dag a bit more and found nzbget.conf in "/usr/local/nzbget/var" which appears to be the one with obsolete "CreateLog" and "ResetLog".
I tried overwriting it with the updated one but that broke nzbget (wiped all the settings), so I reverted back.
Sorry, novice here, any pointers?
From what I figure the nzbget.conf in ../var is my actual config. The question is how to get it updated? I see this to be a problem each time an update is released. I clearly must be doing something wrong:(

Many thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Nov 2014, 10:24

Messages about obsolete options after an update are normal. Once the configuration is saved from web ui the obsolete options are removed and the messages will not appear anymore.

Go to settings in web ui and check if you see new options like ParQuick (under PAR-CHECK).

cezare

Post by cezare » 16 Nov 2014, 16:09

Thank you:) Saving configuration did the trick. And now i do see ParQuick option.
Live and learn for me on a daily basis:) I will have to redo the scripts (FailureLink.py, FakeDetector.py) since they've been been unloaded after the update.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Nov 2014, 16:16

Updates should go smooth, no settings should be gone during update.
Your problem must be the consequence of your attempts to manually fix the issue (removing config, etc.).

New options should be visible in web ui directly after update, it's not necessary to save settings first.

I hope the next time update goes better for you.

cezare

Post by cezare » 16 Nov 2014, 18:06

Strange, the scripts "FailureLink.py, FakeDetector.py" were removed from "/volume1/@appstore/nzbget/share/nzbget/scripts" after the update. They were still listed under "PostScripts" under "Extension Scripts". I re-downloaded, unrared the scripts and changed permissions to my custom user and am back in business:)
Perhaps I've been having issues because of the whole permissions updating on the nzbget folder (http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 003#p23028

Is it best to have nzbget run as nzbget? instead of my custom?
Is going via Synocommunity the prefered way of getting nzbget installed on a Synology NAS? or there is a better way?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks a TON for your help!

thorli

Post by thorli » 02 Jan 2015, 16:28

Hi folks,

i have a similar issue but strangely but for me it is just happening for postprocessing scripts:

info Fri Jan 02 2015 15:38:44 Logger: nzbget.conf(702): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
info Fri Jan 02 2015 15:38:07 nzbToSickBeard: nzbget.conf(702): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
info Fri Jan 02 2015 15:37:58 DeleteSamples: nzbget.conf(702): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
info Fri Jan 02 2015 15:37:58 rename: nzbget.conf(702): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead
info Fri Jan 02 2015 15:37:57 CharTranslator: nzbget.conf(702): Option "ResetLog" is obsolete, ignored, use "WriteLog" instead

I have a synology nas, and have recently upgraded from nzbget spk 13 to nzbget spk 14.1-14, which i guess already has the correct default nzbget.conf included.
after the first restart with saving the new settings the running config looks fine as well, any idea why nzbget is still complaining?

So far everything works fine and it just seems a cosmetical issue, but it still bothers me a bit that the update didn't went as smooth as expected ;)
Any hints how i can trace down to the bottom of the root cause?

Cheers,
Jürgen