Speed Issue ?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
barrage

Re: Speed Issue ?

Post by barrage » 12 Mar 2015, 10:01

hugbug wrote:Confused about Mbps and MB/s.
Is your connection 100Mbps or 100MB/s (800Mbps)? What speed is shown in NZBGet (it displays in MB/s)?
If you mean NZBGet can download at 30Mbps (3.75MB/s) that 's slow but can be caused by WiFi. For tests I recommend to use a wired connection (just for the test).
Sorry for using MB/s! Correction - I have a 100Mbps connection, but am only getting 30Mpbs over Wifi. I will proceed to test cabled.

TRaSH

Post by TRaSH » 12 Mar 2015, 17:29

Don't know if there's a program like du meter for the Mac.
But a friend of mine always said that he got higher speeds with.
Newsleecher.
After testing with du meter (external program to test download and upload speed) we came to the concussion that newsleecher showed a higher speed then he actually was downloading.
Probably because it round the speed different.

barrage

Post by barrage » 12 Mar 2015, 19:47

TRaSH wrote:Don't know if there's a program like du meter for the Mac.
But a friend of mine always said that he got higher speeds with.
Newsleecher.
After testing with du meter (external program to test download and upload speed) we came to the concussion that newsleecher showed a higher speed then he actually was downloading.
Probably because it round the speed different.
It turns out that setting my Huawei to bridge mode and connecting my Apple router to it made NZBGet max my connection. Also lowering the connections for the servers might have contributed. My bottleneck is my extender. According to Netgear it will reduce my dl speed by 40%-60% :(