Post Processing for Large Files falls over

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ensain

Post Processing for Large Files falls over

Post by ensain » 25 Aug 2015, 10:34

Strange issue, and I've done a search for the error message on here but not spotted anything that matches.

Setup: NZB Get 14.1 (I've had this issue for some time on older versions too), Windows 8.1, SSD system drive where everything gets sent

If I download say a 6gb file from usenet, I'm pretty much guaranteed that the PP will fall over and I will receive the following message
Could not move file C:\Media\xxxxx\_unpack\yyyyyyyyy.mkv to C:\Media\xxxxx\yyyyyyyyyy.mkv: Permission denied
Originally I thought I was downloading bad files because they failed, but if I hit the 'Post Process Again' option, it usually works without issue which is odd. It's like it's jumping the gun on a file that's not finished unpacking perhaps? Anyone come across this before?
Last edited by ensain on 25 Aug 2015, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Post Processing for Large Files falls over

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2015, 10:52

The error message is a hint for another program locking the file. That can be:
  • Antivirus inspecting the file;
  • Windows indexing service;
  • Media library software such as Plex is indexing the file.
Because unpacking takes some time, the bigger the file is the more are the chances that the other software starts working with the file. To avoid the error the access to the download folder should be disabled for all other programs.

You can try Process Monitor to find the program locking the files. In Process Monitor create filter for "_unpack" and switch off monitoring for everything except file system activities. May be exclude process "nzbget.exe" too to minimize the noise, etc.

ensain

Post by ensain » 25 Aug 2015, 10:58

That's a very good point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Plex as I use that on the same server. I'll do some rearranging, but I'm gonna bet that fixes the issue. Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Aug 2015, 11:35

This article may be helpful: Excluding New Content with .plexignore.

ensain

Post by ensain » 25 Aug 2015, 11:51

Keeping my stuff that's automatically set to move out of my 'Unsorted' folder (which tend to be the biggest files anyway) seems to have resolved the issue, perfect!

And when I was going through my Plex settings I was (again) saying to myself "I wish there was an option here to deselect certain subfolders", so news of .plexignore is super useful, I'll definitely look into that. Much appreciated :)