Loading Configuration Failed on r1439 -Cannot access Setting

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
mannibis

Loading Configuration Failed on r1439 -Cannot access Setting

Post by mannibis » 23 Sep 2015, 17:01

I am running NZBGet 16.0-testing-r1439 on a QNAP (the .qkpg is maintained by Clinton). I used the update from within the UI to upgrade from the latest testing release to 1439.

When attempting to go to Settings i get the following error:

Loading configuration failed

Could not load template configuration file nzbget.conf. The file contains descriptions of options and is needed to display settings page. The file comes with NZBGet distribution archive and is usually automaically installed into the right location. This seems not to be a case with your installation though.

Please edit your configuration file (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NZBGet/nzbget/nzbget.conf) in a text editor and set the option ConfigTemplate to point to the template configuration file nzbget.conf.

My Path for the Template is: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NZBGet/nzbget/webui/nzbget.conf.template and the file exists and is readable.

And my ConfigTemplate variable in nzbget.conf is set to: ConfigTemplate=/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NZBGet/nzbget/webui/nzbget.conf.template

So everything looks kosher. Is there perhaps a permission issue that happened after the update? Everything was working fine in the previous versions. Like I said, I updated from within the NZBGet UI so perhaps that may have created a problem. I have also restarted the qpkg a few times to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Loading Configuration Failed on r1439 -Cannot access Set

Post by hugbug » 23 Sep 2015, 18:52

May be indeed permissions. Please check file owner and permissions for this file and compare with owner/permissions of other files, for example index.html.
Check file content in a text editor or even better upload it to pastebin.com, I'll check if it's OK.

Another test: stop nzbget. Then use instructions from wiki to install nzbget on linux, install version r1420 into a separate (any) directory. Then start, open UI and try updating. Did it work? Stop nzbget and delete that test install. When installed using linux installer everything is installed into subdirectory nzbget if current directory; after the directory is deleted, nothing remains; that makes it easy to test without affecting the system.

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 23 Sep 2015, 19:38

I did some other test. I removed the QPKG and reinstalled it (backed up my settings of course).

After installation, it installed v15 stable. I updated via web-ui to latest and Settings worked fine.

I then restored all my settings and the ConfigTemplate error came back. So, it has something to do with the previous testing version's .conf variables messing with r1439. Time to find out which one it is. If I can't figure it out, I will have to restore the settings one by one.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Sep 2015, 19:47

That must be settings in section PATH. The most suspicious are ConfigTemplate and WebDir.

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 23 Sep 2015, 19:57

Weird. I re-installed again. Updated fine. Restored everything except PATHS, EXTENSION SCRIPTS, and the rest of the SCRIPT sections.

Fine. I re-did my PATHS section by hand, everything fine. I then changed my scripts location, fine.

As soon as I restored EXTENSION SCRIPTS and their variables, I got the error. No clue why

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Sep 2015, 20:07

Looks like something in the config file causes this. Can you send me your config-file (remove usernames/logins first)?

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 23 Sep 2015, 20:11

Sent, thanks.

mannibis

Post by mannibis » 23 Sep 2015, 20:39

At this point, everything is back to normal.

I updated, and restored everything excepth PATHS and EXTENSION SCRIPTS.

I did those manually and kept the ScriptDir as the default (which seemed to cause the issue). I then reloaded, copied the scripts from my old directory to the default, and then restored the SCRIPT variables and everything works fine.
The only sections I carefully replaced manually was PATHS and EXTENSION SCRIPTS.

I can do a backup now and perhaps you can compare the old and new confs?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 23 Sep 2015, 20:50

Of course, send me the two configs to compare or use an online diff tool for that.