Setup NZBGet and not working correctly.

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
nighthawk13

Setup NZBGet and not working correctly.

Post by nighthawk13 » 27 Sep 2015, 03:05

Okay... I'm new to this, so please take it easy on me.

Just recently I setup Sonarr. Got it working perfectly for my needs and connected it to Transmission for a DL client. No problems.

I think started working with NZBGet... However, I'm having issues the way I set it up and I'm wondering how I can fix it.

In order to setup sonarr, I created a new user (Fedora 21) called sonarr. To keep things clean and simple, I decided to install NZBGet in the same user home directory. So NZBGet is located:
/home/sonarr/nzbget

In order to do this, I had to run the install script as root because the sonarr user has no login ability.

Now nzbget is running as root and I don't know why. Maybe because I created the init.d script in the root user??
I have my Paths setup:

AppDir: /home/sonarr/nzbget
MainDir: ${AppDir}/downloads
DestDir: /home/myuser/Downloads/nzbget
InterDir: ${MainDir}/intermediate
NzbDir: ${MainDir}/nzb
QueueDir: ${MainDir}/queue
TempDir: ${MainDir}/tmp
WebDir: ${AppDir}/webui

NZBGet is successfully getting the downloads. I have permissions on /home/myuser/Downloads set to 777. It is successfully creating the subdirectories and moving the unpacked files there. The problem is that all the files and directories are chowned to root.

I need to figure out how to work this. I was hoping to keep all the settings within the sonarr user profile but if that is not possible then I can re-install it to myuser.

yeehaa

Re: Setup NZBGet and not working correctly.

Post by yeehaa » 27 Sep 2015, 18:12

look at options DaemonUsername and Umask in nzbget settings.