How to search for subtitles after downloading an episode?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
EnZioBe

How to search for subtitles after downloading an episode?

Post by EnZioBe » 22 Oct 2015, 13:48

Say, I download an episode and no subtitles were found.
How can I later check for subtitles for that single episode?
Intuitively I thought that I could enter the History window, select the episode, click on it and use the dialog there to do a post-processing check for subtitles. When I tried it, looking at the log I believe that the post-processing is not limited to the specific episode. What am I doing wrong? :?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: How to search for subtitles after downloading an episode

Post by hugbug » 22 Oct 2015, 14:04

The post-processing is performed for the selected item.

However if some script has moved files into another location the post-processing will not be able to process that file.

For subtitles there is a special solution - [PP-Script / Scheduler-Script] Automatically Fetch Subtitles. When setup properly (read the manual) the script searches for missing subtitles periodically, via scheduler task.

EnZioBe

Re: How to search for subtitles after downloading an episode

Post by EnZioBe » 22 Oct 2015, 15:18

hugbug wrote:The post-processing is performed for the selected item.
Thank you for your answer. It seems to me that Subliminal is trying to find subtitles for all cases where they happen to be missing from downloaded episodes, and not just the selected one. I reach this conclusion by looking at the entries in the log. Please note that the files have already been dealt with by Videosort, but this includes the individual episode that I am interested in.

I have set scheduler to act on certain times, but I am additionally looking for an ad hoc search outside the scheduled time.