Slower performance over bonded interfaces

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
meatball117

Slower performance over bonded interfaces

Post by meatball117 » 09 Jan 2016, 23:27

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across a very odd behavior, I'm able to saturate my internet connection over a single NIC connection, but I found that when I tried to do the same over a bonded LACP connection (works properly, able to get correct aggregate speeds via file transfer tests) I would max out 1-2MB/second (megabytes) when normally on an unbonded ethernet connection I would be able to saturate my ISP connection (250 Mbit).

I thought initially it was my news server connection, so to test, I debonded my connection and tried nzbget again. It went back to saturating my ISP connection. Does anyone here know of a fix for this, or what I could possibly be doing wrong here (it's a fileserver, so I am bonding the connection in order to get more speed from larger file transfers)

Edit: Also, forgot to add this. I've actually tested this on both Windows 2012R2 (windows bonding) and Ubuntu 14.04 and they both exhibit the same behavior over a bonded interface. Thanks for reading I guess, hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue for me. Until then, back to using NZBget on a host that's got a non-bonded interface :)