ziped nzb files

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: ziped nzb files

Post by hugbug » 13 Oct 2008, 21:50

Attached is a modified file for nzbgetweb 1.2, which should remove check for file extension. However I did not test it, because I'm working on next version of nzbgetweb and didn't want to install 1.2 just for the simple test. Hope it'll work. Let me know if it doesn't.
Attachments
functions.zip
Replacement file for nzbgetweb-1.2
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

neilt0

Post by neilt0 » 14 Oct 2008, 09:19

Works!

Thank you.

dalrun

Post by dalrun » 14 Oct 2008, 22:22

Something I've discovered is that if the extracted nzb-name is not the same as the archive-name, NZBGet thinks the extracted nzb is a new file and NzbProcess will be called twice. The script I posted avoids this by renaming the nzb if the nzb-name doesn't match the archive-name.

Because PPWeb processing can include automatically renaming nzbs, the nzb base-name coming out of NzbProcess may not match the base-name of the filename that went in. It would be nice if I could append a special extension - to the extracted and/or otherwise processed nzb - so that NZBGet would queue the nzb instead of sending it back to NzbProcess (e.g. foo.nzb.ready > foo.nzb.queued *).

KaraokeStu

Post by KaraokeStu » 15 Oct 2008, 00:03

I've had to alter the script slightly for my needs.

Most the time when downloading a single NZB file from NewzBin, I click the "NZB" link and download the file directly.

The rest of the time, I click multiple posts and download multiple nzbs within a single zip file.

I've removed the rename part of the code so that all my zips are extracted and then the individual NZB files are processed.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 15 Oct 2008, 07:30

dalrun wrote: Something I've discovered is that if the extracted nzb-name is not the same as the archive-name, NZBGet thinks the extracted nzb is a new file and NzbProcess will be called twice. The script I posted avoids this by renaming the nzb if the nzb-name doesn't match the archive-name.
There is actually no special handling. NZBGet always calls nzbprocess for every file, even for all extracted files leaving their names out of account (at least I think it does so).
dalrun wrote: It would be nice if I could append a special extension - to the extracted and/or otherwise processed nzb - so that NZBGet would queue the nzb instead of sending it back to NzbProcess (e.g. foo.nzb.ready > foo.nzb.queued *)
That's a very good idea.
Would be the extension ".nonzbprocess" any better than ".ready"? I would like to have the word "nzbprocess" to underline the relation to nzbprocess-script. Other suggestions: ".no-nzbprocess" or ".no_nzbprocess". Other ideas? ;)

dalrun

Post by dalrun » 15 Oct 2008, 17:06

KaraokeStu wrote:download multiple nzbs within a single zip file.
Yikes. I'm guessing that would net you a single extracted nzb (rename overwrites), that you commented out/removed lines 41-48 - the 'if ("$name.$ext" ne... }' block. None of my nzb sources provide for multiple nzb archives, its something I'll have keep in mind.

dalrun

Post by dalrun » 15 Oct 2008, 17:28

hugbug wrote:There is actually no special handling. NZBGet always calls nzbprocess
My bad. I guess I assumed there was some mechanism to prevent reprocessing (seen base-names).
hugbug wrote:I would like to have the word "nzbprocess" to underline the relation to nzbprocess-script.
Fine by me, .nzb_processed?

... archive > .foo.extracted, nzb > .nzb.processed?

... I like nzb.processed. I'm not sure what would be the best 'skip' label for archives, .seen or .handled (...or .skip :)) are a couple of other possibilities.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 15 Oct 2008, 21:15

dalrun wrote: Fine by me, .nzb_processed?

... archive > .foo.extracted, nzb > .nzb.processed?

... I like nzb.processed. I'm not sure what would be the best 'skip' label for archives, .seen or .handled (...or .skip :)) are a couple of other possibilities.
The extension ".processed" is actually allready used to mark seen archives (if nzbprocess does not delete them).
".nzb_processed" is better.

First scan:
archive.zip > (nzbprocess) > archive.zip, file1.nzb_processed > (nzbget renames processed file) > archive.zip.processed

Second scan:
archive.zip.processed - ignored
file1.nzb_processed > (nzbget adds file to queue) > file1.nzb.queued

"file1.nzb_processed" is added to queue as it were named "file1.nzb". The name "file1.nzb" will be later passed to post-process-script (not "file1.nzb_processed").

OK?

dalrun

Post by dalrun » 15 Oct 2008, 22:16

OK (Don't mind me, I get hung up on strange stuff sometimes)

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 16 Oct 2008, 17:20

".nzb_processed" implemented in revision 241.