Nzbget hanging at the end of a new download

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Nzbget hanging at the end of a new download

Post by hugbug » 08 Jan 2017, 23:23

The slowness is caused by repairing. And you have simultaneuos downloading active.
This should not cause connection errors though.
But for a test try activating ParPauseQueue, UnpackPauseQueue, ScriptPauseQueue.

agathorn

Post by agathorn » 09 Jan 2017, 05:37

Ok makes sense. I did that and it took most of the day to work through the PP queue (darned slow processor on the NAS), but once it finally got through them and started on downloads, it got through one ok and processed it ok, then the next one got hung up again in the same state. DL speed drops to nearly nothing (couple hundred KB/s) and the log is spammed to heck with the Cancelling hanging download" entries.

The thing is though that if I kill and restart it, everything starts downloading quickly again - on the very same files that were having the problem - at least for a while.

I wonder if it could be flooding the connection. Never had that problem with SAB but I have seen it long ago in the past.

agathorn

Post by agathorn » 09 Jan 2017, 05:47

Can I ask what causes a connection to get into this "hanging" state to begin with?

EDIT: So on a whim I reduced the size of my Article Cache and Disk Buffer to about half their previous values and -- knock on wood -- so far it seems a lot more stable. About to go to bed so letting it run over night will be the real test.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 09 Jan 2017, 07:34

If no data is received within ArticleTimeout (ConnectionTimeout in older versions). Default is 60 seconds.

judhat

Post by judhat » 17 Jan 2017, 16:11

hugbug wrote:If no data is received within ArticleTimeout (ConnectionTimeout in older versions). Default is 60 seconds.
Ah, I have been having this error for a few days. I changed that setting a several days ago. I guess 12 seconds was too low. Changed it to a higher number and these "Cancelling hanging download" errors went away. Thanks!