What servers does nzbget consider in 'backup' percentage?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
void.pointer

What servers does nzbget consider in 'backup' percentage?

Post by void.pointer » 17 Jun 2016, 00:03

At the moment I have 7 NZB servers added. The top 4 are my normal, unlimited servers. The bottom 3 are my block accounts. Ideally I'd like the "Backup: %" text next to a downloading item to ONLY count articles downloaded by the last 3 servers.

Is there a way to configure this?

void.pointer

Re: What servers does nzbget consider in 'backup' percentage

Post by void.pointer » 17 Jun 2016, 01:09

I looked at the nzbget source and I see that the backup percentage is calculated based on any completed articles downloaded through servers with a level greater than the lowest level server.

What would you say about me implementing a boolean option for servers called IsBackup, or something of that nature, that controls which servers count as "backup percentage"? Either that, or a setting that allows the user to insert the minimum level to consider for the backup percentage calculation?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jun 2016, 06:30

I consider anything on level higher than the lowest one to be a backup. All normal servers should be on the lowest level. Why would you put them on different levels?

Anyway this badge is just informative, the per-server statistics shows more detailed info. I don't want another option, which would affect merely how the badge is shown and do not change how the downloading work.

void.pointer

Post by void.pointer » 17 Jun 2016, 11:33

The idea is being able to measure how much of my block abouts is being consumed. If too much is being used, i want to pause or cancel the download.

I like being able to measure this at a glance. Having to click through the detail view of each download is unintuitive. Would this be more worthwhile if block account percentage was automated, so you could set a max block account percentage before a download is paused?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jun 2016, 11:49

Why do you put unlimited servers on different levels? Why not all on level 0?

The idea about more precise control for block accounts is floating around but not fully materialized yet. The first step has been implemented in v17 with feature "Retry failed articles". The next step is to automate the scenario: "try download without block servers; then measure the amount of missing articles; then (if certain criteria are met) download failed articles again using block servers". There is a lot of work to implement this, it will take time.

void.pointer

Post by void.pointer » 17 Jun 2016, 13:17

I wasn't aware you could put servers on the same level. In that case, what determines priority?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Jun 2016, 18:45

All have the same priority and all are used simultaneously (for different articles). If a particular article fails other servers of the same level tried, then (if all fail) the level is increased.