Automated categories by nzb filename?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Blubx

Automated categories by nzb filename?

Post by Blubx » 04 Mar 2010, 15:53

Hello everyone,

I use nzbgetter to download things automatically - but these downloads always are downloaded to the main nzb folder. Nzbget supports categories and moves downloads -after selecting a category- to the right folder. But is there a way to do this automatically like: categorie_filename.nzb? or categorie-file_name? Moving the files to categorie and deletes it from filename (like: filename.nzb and file_name.nzb)

Would be really great if there will be a way of automated categorization.

Blubx

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Automated categories by nzb filename?

Post by hugbug » 04 Mar 2010, 16:20

In the latest testing version this can be done via nzbprocess-script - see option "nzbprocess" - but you still have to write some shell code which will analyze the filename and set category.
from nzbtet.conf.example wrote:# The nzbprocess-script can assign category or post-processing parameters
# to current nzb-file by printing special messages into standard output
# (which is processed by NZBGet).
#
# To assign category use following syntax:
# echo "[NZB] CATEGORY=my category";
#
# To assign post-processing parameters:
# echo "[NZB] NZBPR_myvar=my value";
#
# The prefix "NZBPR_" will be removed. In this example a post-processing
# parameter with name "myvar" and value "my value" will be associated
# with nzb-file.

Re: Automated categories by nzb filename?

Post by Guest » 04 Mar 2010, 22:18

PPWeb used to do just that (route nzbs based on filename category flags), but that required user input. The current approach for automatically downloaded/queued TV and video nzbs is to associate source categorization (NzbsRus, NzbMatrix, Nzbs.org) with NzbGet categories via configuration options. All other nzb related functions require user input and have category choices, e.g. to manually download/queue an nzb from from the above sites and Binsearch, you have to click/select one of your categories to initiate the process.

It's my understanding that one of ydrol's scripts routes to categories automatically based on the source newsgroup. I have no idea of your start to end process, but anything is possible with an NzbProcess script, e.g. auto categorization based on the posted/stock nzb name, e.g. the name of a TV show.