No autostart on Raspbian Jessie

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
buggy13

No autostart on Raspbian Jessie

Post by buggy13 » 23 Aug 2016, 08:27

Hi,

i used NZbget on my Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Whezzy since several Years without any problem. Now i've updated to Raspbian Jessie (completely new install) and i've problem with the webui (or the autostart, i'm not sure). i've installed nzbget with the *.run-script and i could start it in server-mode and as daemon. i also could connect to the webui. the autostart with crontab (@reboot /home/pi/.nzbget/nzbget) worked for the first test. but now it can't connect to the webui anymore. i think the problem is the autostart. when i start nzbget in daemon-mode manually (no error) there is no webui, when i start it in server-mode all works fine.

i could fix the problem by a new installation with the run-script, but after 2 days I've the same problem again.

is there a know problem with jessie?

buggy

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: No autostart on Raspbian Jessie

Post by hugbug » 23 Aug 2016, 08:46

Since there are many ways to start services on boot and each system uses its own boot system the nzbget installer doesn't provide that functionality. You need to configure autostart as required for your system. Take a look at topic init Script For Ubuntu (Running NZBGet On Boot)

If you have problem when manually starting from terminal - that's to fix first. As with ANY other problem in nzbget the first source of the info is the log-file. Have you looked there, any error messages perhaps? If the program starts with "-s" but doesn't with "-D" that's usually because it can't create lock-file at the location specified in option LockFile. An error should be logged into log-file. For a test you can set option to empty, that deactivates lock-file creation.

Also check with "ps -A" if nzbget process is running.

buggy13

Re: No autostart on Raspbian Jessie

Post by buggy13 » 23 Aug 2016, 14:23

it seems the problem is the nzbget.lock. the file is written on my hdd and it seems there is a problem with the disc. i'll check this.

webui works after changing the path of the nzbgte.lock to my home directory.