Computer w10/nzbget freezes randomly when downloading

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
libbes

Computer w10/nzbget freezes randomly when downloading

Post by libbes » 23 May 2017, 18:41

Hello there,

I am really desperate now and hope someone can help me with this problem I am having:

My computer/windows 10 is totally freezing while I am downloading with nzbget or sabnzb

It randomly freezes while downloading and not on other programs or any other activity I am doing on my computer. It only freezes randomly while downloading.

I have tried :

some windows 10 tweaks but they do not work
scanning my Harddrive for errors but no errors
memory check is ok

my version of nzbget is 18.1 stable version

Sometimes it freezes after a few minutes and sometimes it is after 30 min or an hour. But the whole system freezes and I have to reset my pc or turn it off because no buttons work or mouse or ctrl alt del

I really hope there is someone here that can assist me with my problem or comes up with an solution

Thank you for those who are willing to help me with this problem

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Computer w10/nzbget freezes randomly when downloading

Post by hugbug » 23 May 2017, 18:47

NZBGet runs in user space and has not ability to freeze the system. Only drivers has such privilege.
So either some driver behaves badly or a hardware issue. If you have fast connection NZBGet can produce high load on CPU, on disk and network adapter (multiple connection).

To test CPU find a CPU stress and run it for few hours. Also perform memory test for a long time in a loop (not a short test).

libbes

Post by libbes » 23 May 2017, 19:25

okay

i updated my drivers last month with an driver update program

I do not know what else to do...

so you are saying a cpu stress test and also memory stress test is the way to go

but how can I test the drivers? to see if there is a bad driver ?

kloaknet

Post by kloaknet » 25 May 2017, 09:05

Running windows defender? have had several issues with it in the past. May use another antivirus/firewall tool than the windows default built in.