NZBGet - Crashes Randomly

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
ashbinder

NZBGet - Crashes Randomly

Post by ashbinder » 10 Jul 2017, 05:31

Hi there,

Using NZBGet for over a year now with no issues. Was on v17 for the longest time and jumped to v19.1 lately on Windows 10. For some reason, NZBGet randomly will crash. I don't notice when until either my Chrome extension flags an error and/or Sonarr notes that it can't communicate with NZBGet.

Done some googling and couldn't find a similar problem. Did download the debug version in order to get a debug log but what it generated is a 138MB log file.

Is there any part of the log that I could post that would help pinpoint the problem? Only other solution I can think of is to downgrade back to v17 to see if it resolves my issue.

One odd thing I noticed was when I tried to install the debug version was that I got this message: "error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\NZBGet\UnRAR.exe" I had to click to ignore to continue the installation. Could UnRar.exe be causing the crash?

Thanks for any help!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet - Crashes Randomly

Post by hugbug » 10 Jul 2017, 06:39

The most helpful thing is crash dumps with associated log files as explained in Crash Dump.

For the start please send me your log-file (the whole, zipped) to nzbget@gmail.com.

Please take into account that both crash dumps and debug log-files may contain sensitive info from nzbget settings, like usenet server logins or nzbget web-interface login.

ashbinder

Post by ashbinder » 12 Jul 2017, 06:43

Thanks!

In the instructions to configure windows, using regedit, we are supposed to do this: "Create key (folder) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"

Does this mean create a LocalDumps folder and the DumpType value? I don't have an existing LocalDumps folder. I checked the Microsoft instructions as well, and it wasn't very clear either.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 12 Jul 2017, 06:54

ashbinder wrote:
12 Jul 2017, 06:43
Does this mean create a LocalDumps folder and the DumpType value?
Yes.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Jul 2017, 07:26

Do you need further help?
I'm going to release 19.2 soon with a fix for unpack password file and it'd be good to have the fix for your issue included as well.

sirace135

Post by sirace135 » 24 Jul 2017, 23:52

I am actually having this issue now. I have followed the provided guide and will be emailing you the dump and log file ASAP thank you!

Also, is the debug version of NZBget supposed to download at a slower rate? Because it is downloading at 1/3 the speed it normally does.

Thanks!