How to unpack and keep double-packed .sub files?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
user1807

How to unpack and keep double-packed .sub files?

Post by user1807 » 18 Jul 2017, 11:46

Hello,
I recently switched to NZBGet from SAB.

One issue I am experiencing is that .sub files (which often accompany bdrip, bluray etc) are not being unpacked properly and thus are deleted during the cleanup process. The .idx file is extracted properly but is useless without the associated .sub file

It seems to be common convention for these files to be double packed so I think this is the issue. After the first unpack there is still another .rar file and the cleanup process deletes this.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: How to unpack and keep double-packed .sub files?

Post by hugbug » 18 Jul 2017, 12:15

NZBGet unpacks only the first level archives.
user1807 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 11:46
the cleanup process deletes this.
This shouldn't happen. Only rar-files which were unpacked are deleted. Although you could add .rar to ExtCleanupDisk (it's not there by default) to delete all rar-files regardless.

To unpack second level archives an extension script is needed. Check out this one - Unrar .rar files in .rar archives.

user1807

Re: How to unpack and keep double-packed .sub files?

Post by user1807 » 18 Jul 2017, 13:32

hugbug wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 12:15

This shouldn't happen. Only rar-files which were unpacked are deleted. Although you could add .rar to ExtCleanupDisk (it's not there by default) to delete all rar-files regardless.
On further investigation you are correct. It was Sonarr which was deleting the second-level rar.

It occurred to me that I don't even need to unpack this rar, most video software can extract it on-the-fly. So I just add .rar to Sonarr import list and all is good.

Thanks for your help