Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for items in queue

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
coolhands7

Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for items in queue

Post by coolhands7 » 10 Aug 2017, 17:37

I little background first. I'm hard of hearing so I need English subtitles for everything. So automation tools such as Sonaar and Couchpotato are not that useful for me since I've found them to be unreliable for subs (too many subs are out of sync/missing). I find I have much more success with subs when I manually check the nfo's on my indexer(s) to make sure they have english subs included, before I grab the nzb's. I don't really find this time consuming. Excepts when incomplete downloads in NZBGet occurs (due to usenet provider problems), and I have to go back to the indexers again, re-do the same search(es) over again, try to browse and find (yet another) alternate nzb, and manually add it to the NZBGet queue. This get's a little time consuming and frustrating.

To make my life easier, is there a way to manually add one (or several) alternate nzb's to a item already in the download queue. For example, right click on an item in the queue and select "Add alternate nzb" for this particular item, browse to the alternate nzb's I want from my local disk, and click "add". I was thinking that the alternate nzb's could be added to a kind of "sub-queue" list that is visually located right indented and under the original item that was right clicked. This way, if the first (original) nzb fails to download, NZBGet would try the next alternate nzb from the sub-queue list. If this alternate nzb fails as well, NZBGet would try the next alternate nzb in the sub-queue list, and so forth down the list of the sub-queue, until a successful download occurs (pausing the rest of the items in the sub-queue list) or all alternate nzb's have been attempted. After this process in the sub-queue completes, NZBGet would move out of the sub-queue and back into the regular queue to complete the next task on the list there.

Maybe there is already a NZBGet script that does this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Note: my alternate nzb's usually always have the same content, but they would not necessarily have the exact same nzb file names (i.e., because each nzb would probably be from a different release group or post), so I'm skeptical that a dupe check command would be useful here. But I could be wrong.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Sub-Queue: Manually add alternate nzb's for items in queue

Post by hugbug » 10 Aug 2017, 18:16

This is an exact use case for duplicate handling of nzbget.

Nzbs are grouped/linked via duplicate key (dupekey). This is an arbitrary string which uniquely identify a title. You can manually set dupekey for your nzbs but that's unncessary when you add files by letting nzbget fetch nzb from indexer via rss feed.

What you should do is to use your indexer's cart/bookmarks function. You mark an nzb on indexer and choose command "add to cart / add to bookmarks". In nzbget you setup new rss feed which points to your indexer cart/bookmarks. The feed will be fetched on regular intervals. If you bookmarked something and doesn't want to wait for fetch schedule you can force fetch from downloads queue tab via button Feeds, when you hover on your feed a button "fetch" appears.

Now, when all is setup, all bookmarked nzbs are added to nzbget but only one of the same movie is downloaded. If one nzb fails another one will be tried.

More on duplicate handling see https://nzbget.net/rss#duplicates.

coolhands7

Post by coolhands7 » 11 Aug 2017, 00:22

Thank you sooo much hugbug, you're a life saver!!! Your response solved my problem completely. I'm such a big fan of NZBGet and it's wonderfully community :)

Cheers,

Coolhands7

coolhands7

Post by coolhands7 » 17 Aug 2017, 15:01

Hi,

(I'm running Windows 7 with the latest NZBGet build) I've been trying to use the RSS duplicate handling method that hugbug outlined above, with HD TV series. On my indexer, I highlight the entire season (e.g., Dexter S05, all 12 episodes) and add the NZBs into my cart/bookmarks on my indexer. Than in NZBGet I click the "fetch" button for the particular RSS feed. Occasionally everything works fine after this. But the large majority of the time the NZBs are being put into the "failure" section in my history, even though I have not attempted to fetch that particular series before using NZBGet. Obviously, I would rather they go into either the download queue, or if it's a dupe they go into the "dupe" section in my history, so that if a particular episode downloads unsuccessfully an alternate episode is automatically taken from the "dupe" section and put in the download queue. I'm using RSS feeds from popular indexers like Dog and Geek. Does "failure" mean there is a problem with my indexer's RSS feeds? Thanks in advance.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 17 Aug 2017, 17:14

Do the items in history have badhpge URL? That would mean the fetching of nzb has failed.
Or do they all were indeed downloaded (and failed)?

Click on a failed item, then on button "Log". Post the log here, we'll take a look together.

coolhands7

Post by coolhands7 » 18 Aug 2017, 00:17

Hi hugbug,

I think they did have a little blue badhpge URL icon added next to the file name. I noticed that about one second after each file was added via rss to the Downloads queue, it was almost immediately transferred to the Failure section under the History tab. If the files did start downloading, it was probably only for a split second.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can post the failure log you requested. After I read your last reply, nzbget froze (it has never done this before). It appears it was stuck for hours extracting a relatively small TV show. So I just rebooted my laptop. After the restart, I can no longer reproduce the failures that occurred over the past week, since all TV series and movies are rss fetching and dupe checking perfectly again. I should also mention that during the alleged crash incident NZBGet magically cleared the entire History. Maybe that is what fixed the issue. Now I also make sure I pause my high speed downloads for a few seconds while fetching the rss. Maybe that helped too.

If you have time, I have two follow up questions...

1. Is there a way to easily assign the identical dupe score to several files at once? Similar to the way a single category can be easily manually assigned (no rss) to dozens of files with a few mouse clicks. For example, Breaking.Bad.S01E01.BluRay.Remux.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-decibeL (dupe score = 0) is in the Downloads queue. Additionally, three other releases of S01E01 are in the Dupe section just in case the decibeL release fails. I have manually assigned a dupe score to each since I want to grab them in a particular order (highest quality/size file first, in descending order):

Breaking Bad S01E01 1080p BluRay X264-iNGOT (dupe score = 3; 1st backup; posted 663 days ago)
Breaking Bad S01E01 iNTERNAL MULTi 1080p BluRay x264-AiRTV (dupe score = 2; 2nd backup; posted 21 days ago)
Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot 720p BluRay x264-SiZZLE (dupe score = 1; 3rd backup; posted 1465 days ago)

If I only have these three backups, manually clicking on each file in order to input a dupe score is fine. However, if I have the full S01 (7 episode) from iNGOT, AiRTV, and SiZZLE, manually assigning dupe scores becomes more time consuming. I must manually click on each of the 21 episodes, and set a dupe score 21 separate times. Is there a quicker way to do this? Basically, I prefer to watch the highest quality release available first.

2. In the above example, if the dupe scores are left at the default "0" value for all 21 episodes, how does nzbget decide which dupe it will use first if Breaking.Bad.S01E01.BluRay.Remux.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-decibeL fails to download completely? Does it choose from the top of the Dupe queue (i.e., Breaking Bad S01E01 1080p BluRay X264-iNGOT = 1st backup). Or is it based on the most recent post date (i.e., S01E01 iNTERNAL MULTi 1080p BluRay x264-AiRTV = 1st backup)?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 18 Aug 2017, 17:44

Is option FlushQueue active? It should have prevented loosing of queue/history on crash.

DupeScores can be assigned automatically in rss feed filter, provided you can define criteria for that. For example:

Code: Select all

Options(dupescore:1000) 720p
Options(dupescore:2000) 1080p
Accept: *
or more complex:

Code: Select all

O(s:1000): 720p
O(s:2000): 1080p
O(s:3000): 1080p $web.?dl
O(s+:100): internal
O(s+:200): repack
O(s+:300): proper
O(s+:400): real
A: *
Does it choose from the top of the Dupe queue?
Yes.

coolhands7

Post by coolhands7 » 18 Aug 2017, 19:03

Thanks very much Hugbug.

FlushQueue was active. During the crash it seemed to prevent the loss of the queue, but the history was still cleared.

I will have to educate myself more about rss filters and try a few out. Thanks for the example filters, they will help me get started :)