NZBGet Integration with NZB - Tortuga (newbie help)

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
blueribb

NZBGet Integration with NZB - Tortuga (newbie help)

Post by blueribb » 30 Aug 2017, 21:56

I have less than 24 hours experience with Usenet, so please be patient. I have the following:

NewsDemon (server)
NZB - Tortuga (search / indexer)
NZBGet - Downloader

I got everything up and running yesterday but can't get Integration working - pressing "Send to my NZBGet" button does nothing. I attempted to insert my credentials into the NZB - Tortuga's NZBGet Integration area using the control username and password that I re-set with NZBGet, but don't know what the "NZBGet URL" should be. I cut and pasted the url from my web browser from NZBGet but the guys over at NZB - Tortuga told me that's wrong. I am confused. They said I'm sending the nzb file from NZB - Tortuga back to itself ??????

Any help would be appreciated.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: NZBGet Integration with NZB - Tortuga (newbie help)

Post by hugbug » 30 Aug 2017, 22:17

You need to enter an address accessible from outside of your home. "Localhost" or "127.0.0.1" are obviously wrong choices.

Good article - https://www.bornslacker.com/port-forwar ... -remotely/.

blueribb

Post by blueribb » 30 Aug 2017, 22:41

It sounds like a job I really don't want to tackle if it includes port-forwarding. I can press "download nzb" and it appears in my download folder. I thought integration would instead send the file to NZBGet using a url I provide but I guess it's not that simple.

With torrents, I can press the "magnet" button and the torrent program launches and starts downloading automatically. I guess I was spoiled with the simplicity of that.

What if I tell NZBGet to monitor my download folder for nzb files. Would it auto-download in that case ?

Edit: I told NZBGet to monitor my download folder for nzb files and it worked ! After about a minute it started to download. I'll have to clean up that folder or find a way to keep it clean after downloading completes.

blueribb

Post by blueribb » 31 Aug 2017, 01:17

I was wondering why it takes a full minute to start downloading with my work-around. I found a setting called "NzbDirFileAge" which has a setting of 60 seconds. I read it's description but I'm not 100% sure what it means. Could this be the 60 second delay I experience when a file is added to the NZB Directory (now c:\download)

I changed NzbDirFileAge from 60 seconds to 20 and now I don't need Integration. I wonder if there's a way to auto-cleanup the queue file left behind in my c:\download folder. That would be sweet.

blueribb

Post by blueribb » 04 Sep 2017, 15:14

I lowered the "NzbDirFileAge" to 10 seconds and when the entire process is done, I clear the History which deletes the leftover .queued files in my Download directory. Now I have to experiment with the Max connections. I have gigabit internet and I would like to max out my connection speed while downloading. My average is about 40 MB/s and I'd like to achieve 80 to 100 if possible. In most cases the "assembling parts" process takes just as long as the downloading.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 04 Sep 2017, 17:06

The speed can be limited by your usenet provider (or connection) or by your PC.

Try with these settings:

Code: Select all

WriteLog=none
FlushQueue=no
ContinuePartial=no
ArticleCache=500
WriteBuffer=1024
For more info see https://nzbget.net/performance-tips.

For advanced test of PC see https://nzbget.net/performing-speed-tests.

blueribb

Post by blueribb » 04 Sep 2017, 18:14

I'll give those settings a try - thanks !

Should I change max connections from 50 to 20 ?

blueribb

Post by blueribb » 07 Sep 2017, 15:40

I have been getting speeds up to 110 MB/s lately. I'm not sure if it was the settings you mentioned but I'm super happy with the results.