Could not find file C:\ProgramData\NZBGet\temp\ error

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
cheebacheeba

Could not find file C:\ProgramData\NZBGet\temp\ error

Post by cheebacheeba » 04 Sep 2017, 18:43

I am getting error "Could not find file C:\ProgramData\NZBGet\tmp\337.008 etc" after trying to change filetype associations in order to try to double click on nzbs and get them to load in the web interface. I tried changes with regedit as shown in this thread https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=933

my nzbget directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\NZBGet. this is what i show now in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\nzbget.exe\shell\open\command "C:\Program Files (x86)\NZBGet\nzbget.exe" "%1"

now download speed has dropped from 18MB/s to 16 kb/s and I get the error shown above. I tried renaming the bit in regedit that I had changed but it had no effect.

please help

thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Could not find file C:\ProgramData\NZBGet\temp\ error

Post by hugbug » 04 Sep 2017, 19:48

cheebacheeba wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 18:43
I am getting error after trying to change filetype associations
These two events are unrelated.
To associate nzbget with nzb-files use a checkbox in installer.

Also activate options DirectWrite and ArticleCache (they are active by default but you have changed them, why?). This prevents creating of those files in tmp-directory in the first place.

cheebacheeba

Post by cheebacheeba » 04 Sep 2017, 20:15

I did not disable the two options you mentioned. They are both still enabled, article cache says 250 mb.

edit nevermind.. without changing anything it started working properly again. sorry for wasting your time.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 04 Sep 2017, 20:27

Strange, the files shouldn't be created if DirectWrite is active.
What's nzbget version ?
Please post your config-file (via pastebin.com), wipe out passwords first.

cheebacheeba

Post by cheebacheeba » 04 Sep 2017, 21:05

I had just updated to the latest beta (20.0-r2075) to see if that would fix my problem. it had no effect at first.

here is the pastebin https://pastebin.com/5GRqWzUi

thanks for helping

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 04 Sep 2017, 21:32

The config looks OK.

Have you changed DirectWrite recently? That could explain the files in tmp-dir.
Does the error happen for newly added nzb-files too?
Delete all files in tmp-dir, then start new download. Are files created in tmp-dir?

cheebacheeba

Post by cheebacheeba » 04 Sep 2017, 22:33

I did not touch the direct write setting ever. the only thing I had changed was the value in regedit that I showed above to"C:\path-to-nzbget\nzbget.exe" -A "%1". after that change I started experiencing the errors so I reverted back to original setting "C:\path-to-nzbget\nzbget.exe" "%1" using regedit again, but the problem persisted even after rebooting the program and later the pc. It just started working again after some time all on its own, I had not changed any other settings.

What i was initially trying to achieve was when downloading a NZB and selecting "open with NZBGet" I wanted the download to show up in the web interface, right now it only downloads in the dos window and no history or info is saved in my web portal, which I find useful. It would be nice if I knew how to do this. Currently I am saving the nzb file to a folder, then swithing back to web interface and selecting add, than navigating to the nzb download folder and minimizing the folder so I can drag the nzb to the web interfaces "add nzb" box.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 05 Sep 2017, 04:28

Use checkbox "Associate nzb-files with nzbget" in installer.

cheebacheeba

Post by cheebacheeba » 05 Sep 2017, 06:05

hugbug wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 04:28
Use checkbox "Associate nzb-files with nzbget" in installer.
Are you saying that when I download a nzb from a website and select download with nzbget it will be put into the web interface? This installer checkbox for "Associate nzb-files with nzbget", does it work differently than right clicking on a nzb in windows explorer and choosing "open with" and choosing to set nzbget as the default program? Or do I need to reinstall program to choose this association setting during installation, and if so will my other current settings be retained?

thanks

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 05 Sep 2017, 08:29

You can install install again and select the checkbox on the last page of the installer. All your settings remains.

Then you can test yourself if it works the way you like.