Need Synology Default Login Credentials

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
notanotherforumname

Need Synology Default Login Credentials

Post by notanotherforumname » 04 Oct 2017, 08:11

Trying to setup NZBGet on my Synology NAS via Docker (since for some reason the SynoCommunity repo refuses to show the app as existing for my NAS and is therefore impossible to download from there. I'm guessing the dev hasn't maintained the app in a while). However the default user credentials that most people seem to think works, doesn't. I.e. "nzbget" for username and password.

Does anyone know what the actual default username and password for new installations is? I've tried "admin", "password" and even my own Synology user credentials to no avail.

Thanks!

Edit: I did test on Windows but it appears that the Windows version doesn't even require any login credentials to hit NZBGet's landing page. So that's of no help.

notanotherforumname

Re: Need Synology Default Login Credentials

Post by notanotherforumname » 04 Oct 2017, 08:43

Nevermind. Turns out the creator of the Docker image decided to use a custom username and password. No bloody idea why. So stupid.
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nzbget/

If anyone lands here from a future search, the answer you're looking for is: login:nzbget, password:tegbzn6789

Issue resolved.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 04 Oct 2017, 09:15

notanotherforumname wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 08:43
login:nzbget, password:tegbzn6789
That's default nzbget login/password.

The login/password from your previous package was a custom one.

The official login/password is printed on every official installation guide (https://nzbget.net/documentation).
And of course it's printed on the docker page you've linked above, in the section "Setting up the application".

notanotherforumname

Post by notanotherforumname » 04 Oct 2017, 13:16

hugbug wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 09:15
notanotherforumname wrote:
04 Oct 2017, 08:43
login:nzbget, password:tegbzn6789
That's default nzbget login/password.

The login/password from your previous package was a custom one.

The official login/password is printed on every official installation guide (https://nzbget.net/documentation).
And of course it's printed on the docker page you've linked above, in the section "Setting up the application".
Thanks for the reply. I found the info in the Linux setup details. But Google still shows everyone thinks "nzbget" is the default username and password (You really should remain consistant across all platforms, e.g. why does the Windows install not have a default credential requirement? Or better yet, just ditch it alltogether.), but that may be out of date. It's moot now.

I've got a new problem anyway. For whatever reason NZBGet can't get permissions to write to the folders i've specified. Once again, i've no idea why. Everything is configured. e.g. "/volume1/NZBGet/queue" (where "NZBGet" is the shared folder I created on my NAS). I know it can see it since its a permissions denied error rather than a file/folder not found error (I added the folders and paths to Docker). So i'm still at an impasse :(

Edit: Figured it out. Turns out that the relevant folders need a user called "SYSTEM" (already present by default but hidden, do not create it) to have read/write permissions. One of these days someones going to make a user guide that actually works and the world is going to stop spinning and everyones going to fly off into space.