PAR: SUCCESS UNPACK: FAILURE

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Departed

PAR: SUCCESS UNPACK: FAILURE

Post by Departed » 14 Oct 2017, 05:03

Hello, I'm fairly new to NZBGet but I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've searched the forums and tried everything suggested, but I'm still running into this issue fairly frequently. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe this is how it is supposed to work or I'm SOL...

So I'll have a file that completes the download process. When it gets to the post processing, it fails.

When I look in the History, it shows up as a failure. So I click on the name of the download and get the popup showing the details. Under status, it says PAR: SUCCESS UNPACK: FAILURE. In the Log, it shows Par: All files are correct, repair is not required. Next, it says Repair not needed. Then finally, Second unpack attempt skipped due to par-check not repaired anything. After this, it has several par2 files that are parked.

Usually what I do at this point is to click on Actions, and then Download Remaining Files. At this point it will download one additional PAR file and try again. Typically this fails, and I repeat the process. Eventually, sometimes it will complete. If not, I'm able to go in and do a manual unpack using MacPAR, which usually works.

Also, while the download is running once again, if I go to the Files list, I'll see several un-downloaded par2 files that are Paused. If I try to resume them, they change to queued but they don't download until the next attempt, at which time only one file downloads.

I've done some research like I said, and I learned that the version of unrar included with NZBGet has a problem. So I've downloaded the latest version (5.50) and pointed to it in the settings. This doesn't seem to have helped, as I'm still getting this error.

It seems like NZBGet only downloads a single par file, rather than downloading all of them at the outset. Ultimately, once all of them are downloaded, it seems like the unpack is successful. So I'm not sure how to get it to download them right away. Or maybe there is another solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as this has been the biggest thorn in my side since starting to use NZBGet. Everything else is working flawlessly.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: PAR: SUCCESS UNPACK: FAILURE

Post by hugbug » 14 Oct 2017, 07:57

Second unpack attempt skipped due to par-check not repaired anything.
Look at error messages from unrar.
Post log of one download (via pastebin) and we'll check together.

Departed

Post by Departed » 14 Oct 2017, 12:40

Thanks for your response. Sorry for my ignorance, but can you help me find the logs for unrar? I'm not sure where to get them. I'm on a Mac...

Thanks!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Oct 2017, 12:42

In NZBGet switch to History tab, click on a failed item, then on button "Log", then "Save to file".

Departed

Post by Departed » 14 Oct 2017, 12:49

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Oct 2017, 13:23

Fri Oct 13 2017 19:17:23 INFO Unrar: Extracting from 463c202f94a34621be229225cd2bb37b.part25.rar
Fri Oct 13 2017 19:17:55 INFO Unrar: Bad file descriptor
Fri Oct 13 2017 19:17:55 INFO Unrar: Program aborted
Fri Oct 13 2017 19:17:56 ERROR Unrar error code: 2
Is this with unrar shipped with NZBGet? What if you try unrar from www.rarlab.com?

Departed

Post by Departed » 14 Oct 2017, 13:28

Sorry, I thought I mentioned this in my original post... at first this was happening with the version shipping with NZBGet. When it started happening, I did some research on the forum and found that it might be a problem with that version. So I downloaded the latest (5.50) from Rarlab, but it did not fix the problem. The log I sent you is using the latest unrar from Rarlab.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Oct 2017, 13:32

Now: shutdown nzbget and try unraring from terminal using unrar from rarlab.com and post the output of unrar.

Departed

Post by Departed » 14 Oct 2017, 13:46

Ah, ok. I don't have any of the original files anymore, because I already unpacked it using MacPAR and deleted the originals. The next time I have a failed unpack, I will do what you said and post the results here. Thanks!

By the way, I'm not too familiar with terminal commands, so can you let me know exactly what command I need to execute to make this work? I just tried it from terminal, in the unrar directory. I just typed "unrar" and I got the following back:

-bash: unrar: command not found

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 14 Oct 2017, 13:54

• start terminal
  • type "cd " (note space, do not press <enter>)
  • from Finder using drag-n-drop drag the directory where all rar-files are into terminal window and drop it there. You should now have the path to the files following command "cd " which you just typed. Now press <enter>
  • terminal session should be now in directory with rar-files
  • from Finder drag-n-drop unrar-binary which you downloaded from rarlab.com
  • press <enter>
  • unrar should start and print help message
  • now press <arrow-key-up>, the last command entered in terminal reappears (unrar with full path)
  • type space, then type additional arguments to unrar. The whole command should look something like this:

Code: Select all

/path/to/unrar x "*.rar"<enter>
I'm not sure if unrar command above has the right syntax as I've typed it from memory. If it doesn't start to unpack read the help screen of unrar goolge the correct command.