NZBget for Synology

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
vcrnzb

Re: NZBget for Synology

Post by vcrnzb » 06 May 2019, 23:46

Hi, new here and to Synology and NZBGet. I have Sonarr and NZBGet working inside of Docker on my DS918+ but when I view the web gui for NZBGet, it doesn't show when files are downloading, as well as the history. Can someone help me with this?

nada

Post by nada » 27 Oct 2019, 23:15

Hi all

I have a few questions here, hope this old thread is still monitored (it's a very helpful thread):

1) Following the postet guide a few pages back by al3x the changing of the user via su - nzbget always gives me a "permission denied" error, even as root. Any ideas? I followed this guide a few years back and it worked fine, but no longer.

2) Been using docker container the last few years, but am under the impression my limited dl speed (max 30 MB/s instead of 100) is due to docker, (have followed the performance guide, separate "incomplete" folder for extract etc. already) so I want to migrate back to native install for testing.
Would it be possible to use existing "dockeruser" instead of "nzbget" as a user and "dockergroup" as group, it would save a world of pain when interfacing with the other components. Does anybody know the necessary adjustments before installing nzbget?

Thanks

BaryLogan

Post by BaryLogan » 25 Dec 2019, 07:17

Hi....the docker issue will most likely have been due to using a path of /volume1/downloads in your other apps and you cant map /volume1 in the containers so they cant see that path.
To get around that issue you change everything to use a share instead, eg /downloads, as they can all see those if you add a volume in the container config for /downloads to /downloads. alternatively you can setup a remote path (in the dockered sonarr) and map /volume1/downloads to /downloads so it replaces one with the other.

order pcb

t0r3dge

Post by t0r3dge » 24 Jan 2020, 14:25

I'm seeing posts that the SynoCommunity version of the package now permits automatic updating via the UI. I've just installed it, but my version (16.4-22) says it does not permit automatic updates. ("Automatic updates are not configured for your platform.")

Maybe it's because my NAS is older? I'm running a DS214play, with DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4. There are no other versions of NZBget (such as a beta or alternate version) available in my SynoCommunity packages. And Docker is not supported for my unit.

Would like to update my version, but I finally got my Nzbget working again after it wouldn't start after a recent reboot, so a bit hesitant to break anything by attempting a manual install.

To avoid the horrors of command lines I don't understand, could I download the nzbget*.run file to my local and try a manual install from the NAS UI? I see a button for it, but not sure. Thanks for any help.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 28 Jan 2020, 11:02

.run-file comes with unavoidable "terminal horror".

inspectah

Post by inspectah » 25 Aug 2021, 15:02

Stupid as I am, I updated my Synology to DSM 7.0 without thinking and now NZBGET is no longer working.

I downloaded the community pakage and it now says the pakage needs repairing and when I do that, it says "invalid file format".

simonk83

Post by simonk83 » 01 Sep 2021, 22:53

Hi all, I'm just troubleshooting some speed issues and wanted to check, is it normal to see the Volume maxing out when downloading a (large) file?

kevindd992002

Post by kevindd992002 » 16 Sep 2021, 14:12

simonk83 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 22:53
Hi all, I'm just troubleshooting some speed issues and wanted to check, is it normal to see the Volume maxing out when downloading a (large) file?

I'm having speed issues with my 1817+ too. What kind of speeds are you seeing? I temporarily moved my nzbget container to a NUC to fix the issue but I would love to put it back to my Syno so that everything is downloading and processing locally.

inspectah

Post by inspectah » 21 Dec 2021, 12:36

NZBGet package with DSM 7 support was just released! :mrgreen:

https://synocommunity.com/package/nzbget

compeed

Post by compeed » 26 Dec 2021, 08:08

Yeah.. and don´t update. Several people has issues with it. It fails the install, and you can´t repair.
How do I know.. well. I did it and now it doesn´t work