NZBget for Synology

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
Steggl

Re: NZBget for Synology

Post by Steggl » 23 Jul 2018, 16:04

Steggl wrote:
23 Jul 2018, 08:40
Having the same issue with SickGear now too 😬 Wish that I could increase the debug level for nzbget as I am currently clueless.
I got it to work now but only after I had to remove user name and PW, both are blank now :-| I had them saved of course (and I know them from the back of my hand) but still neither CP nor SG would work with a set user name and a given pw. Does anyone know what this could be??

Captain Digital

Post by Captain Digital » 04 Oct 2018, 15:57

al3x wrote:
26 Nov 2017, 02:22

12) Create a new task in the DSM Task Scheduler to autostart NZBget on system boot:
Create > Triggered Task > User-defined Script
Task: NZBget / User: root / Event: Boot-up
Run command: sudo --user=nzbget /volume1/\@appstore/nzbget/nzbget -D

13) Run your task manually once - and that's it!
Default login credentials for the web interface (port 6789):
username: nzbget / password: tegbzn6789[/code]
Thanks for these instructions with a bit of trial and error I was able to get nzbget up and running on my NAS a few months ago. However I was never able to get the script/automated task to work and one question I have is, why in you instructions have you detailed creating a nzbget user? Is this just a security thing?

I went through the install and just used my admin username, so the script looks like this

sudo --user=MyUserName /Volume1/Downloads/nzbget/nzbget -D

The script itself runs after a reboot but doesn't actually do anything, I have to SSH on to the NAD and run these commands manually.

Do I have to create the nzbget user or have I just got the syntax wrong somewhere?

al3x

Post by al3x » 04 Oct 2018, 16:25

I created that user because the original syno package had created that user as well. It’s just a security thing and shouldn’t be required actually, root or your ssh login user should work too.

I’m pretty sure your problem exists because of wrong permissions for the nzbget folder and/or files inside. Try to change the owner of that folder to your user (chown with parameter -R) or just use root.

Btw: There’s a SynoCommunity package for nzbget for a long time now, so you could also install that as an alternative. Updates are now supported.

Captain Digital

Post by Captain Digital » 07 Oct 2018, 13:44

al3x wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 16:25

Btw: There’s a SynoCommunity package for nzbget for a long time now, so you could also install that as an alternative. Updates are now supported.

Thanks that might be an idea. Is there anything particular that I need to do with the old install? Can I just leave it or does it need to be uninstalled?

al3x

Post by al3x » 07 Oct 2018, 14:52

Well, you should definitely save your old config so you can restore parts of those settings in your new package later. I wouldn't recommend restoring the full config as some important paths will/must be different for some settings (like WebDir or ConfigTemplate).

That old NZBget folder won't be used anymore so you can delete that safely.

inspectah

Post by inspectah » 31 Jan 2019, 21:56

Hi,
my USBStick with NZBGet got corrupted and wasn´t readable anymore.
I could fix it with checkdsk on my Windows machine and NZBGet works again on my NAS, but it looks like it misses permissions for the NAS drives:

I installed with the guide from al3x:
https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php? ... =10#p20018

How do I set permissions again?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 31 Jan 2019, 23:33

More like the messages are caused by corrupted disk state (queue, history, stats). If you add new nzbs the queue will be saved and you shouldn't get these errors on next start. If that's permissions issue you'll get errors when queue is attempted to save.

inspectah

Post by inspectah » 01 Feb 2019, 07:22

Yes, I added one NZB manually and after a reload it was reading my history etc. again.
Strange, because I have tempdir, nzbdir and downloaddir all on the NAS drives, not the USBStick and I don't think they got corrupted.

Rrrr

Permission issue: NZBGET creates new folders as root

Post by Rrrr » 02 Feb 2019, 19:04

Hi,

I'm new to NZBGET, it's my first install after years of SABNZBD and very happy I switched.
I use Synology DS918, BTRFS, Docker, NZBGET, VideoSort.

One issue I can't resolve and have been googling for days: After download, NZBGET moves the completed file from /completed to /videos/movies/... using CATEGORIES.

(Mount path /videos is defined in Docker under Volume settings and points to /volume1/video).

Issue:
When the target folder does not exist, NZBGET creates it with permissions "root/administrators" (drwxrwxrwx+)
Note: I have the docker instance running as userX/Administrator (PUID1029/PGID101).

This means that video players (Kodi) cannot enter a folder/play content which is under folder owned by root (even if the video player is registered as administrator).

QUESTION:
How can I ensure that NZBGET will write target folders with the following permissions:
a. "admin/administrator" or "UserX/usergroup" ?
b. Use the permission of the parent of the target folder.

Alternatives I've tried to move the files to the target folder:
1. Setting UnrarCmd to unpack using "${AppDir}/unrar x -ai", but it made no difference;
2. Using VideoSort instead of NZBGET CATEGORIES: no difference.

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 02 Feb 2019, 23:30

Nzbget doesn't set or change file permissions nor set user. All directories and files are created under user account nzbget runs.

To troubleshoot try logging in into nzbget docker terminal and then try crearing folders and check their user and permissions.