Suggestions/Example?

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
WyldWolf

Suggestions/Example?

Post by WyldWolf » 20 Oct 2017, 22:36

I have been reading everything I can here and am a brand new NZBGet user but am familiar with other nzb tools.

I think NZBGet might just be able to handle this scenario via postprocessing and other scripts in conjunction with the password list file, but I cannot find a real world working example to get it set up.

The Scenario:

1. Filter only headers from one specific group, from one specific poster.
2. Utilize the binary RARfile's FILENAME itself as the password (I assume a regex or pfftn scanscript can do this?)
3. Using the password learned from filename in #2, read RARfile's TOC entry (single file within in this case) and now with the REAL filename, rename the release and/or download if matches another list of desired name pattern

So, example:

1. Group: a.b.test from poster test@test.local
2. Post titles:
'[1020304050607] - Nothing here - "1020304050607.par2"'
'[1020304050607] - Nothing here - "1020304050607.part01.rar"'
'[1020304050607] - Nothing here - "1020304050607.part02.rar"'
3. Action: Download full (or preferably only enough to read the TOC) of the part01.rar
4. Using password from the name 1020304050607, successfully reads TOC which results in:
'This is a real file name.xyz'
5. Rename this release the real name of 'This is a real file name.xyz', and as an optional bonus (if possible) immediately download this full release if this real internal filename matches a predefined list

Hope that is a clear enough example. As common as this kind of obsfucation is, I am certain it's already being done and everything I have read seems to indicate that NZBGet can do this now with the addition of the passwordlist functionality combined with the postprocessing scripts like the pfftn etc.

But again I could really use an example/walkthrough of the few higher level steps required for this kind of workflow, so any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: Suggestions/Example?

Post by hugbug » 20 Oct 2017, 22:45

NZBGet needs nzb-files on input, it can't browse groups or filter on posters.
I think newznab can do that part.

WyldWolf

Post by WyldWolf » 20 Oct 2017, 22:56

Okay then simply change the scenario to filtering the nzb's for my example posts. I mean I've read the docs if this was nothing but a "dumb" downloader that can't do anything but download a pre-defined nzb, heck you don't even need a friggin app for that since EVERYTHING in the world can do that.

It's all the filtering and post-processing I'm asking about. I've very familiar with newsnab which is now superseded and it cannot handle opening passworded rars using regex patterns, I've spoken to their team to confirm. It looks like NZBGet can though.

EDIT: Looks like you are a dev here so hopefully you understand the scenario if every post that came from a certain poster in a certain group I simply just want to then use the filename as RAR password, open it and rename it and optionally download it but even a simply rename to indicate the real release for that NZB would be great! TIA!

WyldWolf

Post by WyldWolf » 20 Oct 2017, 23:08

And I'm now very confused since even reading the front page with actual screenshots DOES show pulling a LIST of releases from a group, but I'll even simplify the scenario and just say here's a directory full of all the NZB's I'm interested in.......how can I then have NZBGet simply use each NZB to pull RAR #1 from each one use the password list function to open that rar/header read the TOC and rename the NZB release which is what typical post-processing renaming does.

I also see the exact thing I'm asking about listed in the docs as "fast par-rename" but obviously that is using the par2 but then I also see a RAR-Rename function in the docs which is really EXACTLY what I want - but while using the pffn filename-as-password function too.