RSS Feed Number of Results with NZBPlanet

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
mtnman

RSS Feed Number of Results with NZBPlanet

Post by mtnman » 05 Dec 2017, 21:19

I just started using NZBGet and NZBPlanet. I have the RSS feed working, but it seems to be limited to 100 items. I think this limit is set by NZBPlanet. Unfortunately, this doesn't even cover a single day of uploads, meaning I will miss a lot of items, especially if I am out of town for a few days.

Is there any way to get more than 100 items in the RSS feed?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: RSS Feed Number of Results with NZBPlanet

Post by hugbug » 05 Dec 2017, 21:56

You are right, the limit is set by RSS provider. You need to ask them if there is a way to increase the number of returned items.

However due to quick DMCA takedowns you better have your downloader running uninterrupted because even if you could get older nzbs you may not be able to download their content in few days after posting.

mtnman

Post by mtnman » 05 Dec 2017, 23:15

NZBPlanet confirmed their limit can't be changed from 100 items.

RSS doesn't seem all that useful if it's only limited to a few hours of posts. Automation doesn't do me any good because I don't know what I want to download until I see what posts are available.

Is there any way to have NZBGet download the RSS periodically and append to the previous RSS results? Just the list, I do not want to download files automatically.

Can you recommend an RSS provider that supports more than 100 items?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 06 Dec 2017, 07:43

You are trying to misuse a feature which was designed for other purpose (automation is the purpose).

What you should do instead is to browse the indexer web-site and choose nzb-files there.

To make it easier to add nzbs to nzbget you can use a bookmark AKA "shopping cart" feature. When browsing the indexer you can put nzbs into a cart. Then this cart can be fetched by nzbget as rss feed (without filtering, adding all items to queue automatically). Or you can use a "send to nzbget" feature of the indexer if it has such a feature and your nzbget is open to the world.

Trickydick

Post by Trickydick » 17 Dec 2017, 21:45

I am curious what folks are using for their provider for RSS feeds and NZBs? It seems that many charge a premium fee for additional services, such as RSS and other features. Before I go spending any money (and I am skeptical about revealing personal information to pay for access to some of these services), which site is the "best"?

What type of results do the automated RSS downloads generate? I typically see multiple versions of a particular video program in different formats, sizes, and codecs, and would like some advice on setting up to automate downloading of Television shows in particular.

TD

larskl

Post by larskl » 18 Dec 2017, 15:38

Sonarr is your friend