What are the alternatives to complete missing articles

Get help, report and discuss bugs.
makareshi

What are the alternatives to complete missing articles

Post by makareshi » 24 Dec 2017, 14:53

Hi!

I recently started with Usenet nzb stuff. I understand basic principles of nzbget and nzb files. Now My question is how to deal with downloads which has too many missing articles and par2 cant fix-it due to not enough repair blocks. What I would like to achieve is to use some other nzb file pointing to exactly same rar files aka "alternative nzb file" to try on history FAILED download. How can I use some other nzb file pointing the same files but different poster. Or I missing something...? I can modify nzb files by hand if needed. Or there is no alternative completion and I have to re-download 7GB of rar files all over again because too many file blocks missing. I found temporary solution to search for same files on torrent and then copied all downloaded there and forced check files and "Tixati torrent client" would actually complete all missing articles 100%. But this is too much nonsense is there any other better more simple way.... Thank you for reading.

NOTICE: i tried sanbzd then it was strange user interface and too much messy so I decided to stick to nzbget as more serious thing (at least looks so :))

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Re: What are the alternatives to complete missing articles

Post by hugbug » 24 Dec 2017, 16:43

makareshi wrote:
24 Dec 2017, 14:53
What I would like to achieve is to use some other nzb file pointing to exactly same rar files aka "alternative nzb file" to try on history FAILED download. How can I use some other nzb file pointing the same files but different poster.
Set option "ParCheck=dupe" and par-check will use files from other downloads of the same title. It's important to note that the "same title" here means that both downloads have the same duplicate key (a property of nzb-file wich you can set in nzbget). If you add nzb-files via RSS from indexers the duplicate keys are usually set correctly automatically. If you add files manually you need to set duplicate keys manually as well for nzbget to know relations between nzb-files.

For more info on duplicate keys see https://nzbget.net/rss#duplicates.

makareshi

Post by makareshi » 25 Dec 2017, 09:48

Thank you for qucik reply.
Set option "ParCheck=dupe"
In the config file there is only one option avail "ParScan=dupe" is this the one you mean?
If you add files manually you need to set duplicate keys manually as well for nzbget to know relations between nzb-files.
If I understood properly I can put anything manually into dupekey form like "asdasd231231fsfsdfdfe3" or "thisisDUPE14" or any other unique imaginary string to make nzbget think this are basically same nzb files (dupes)... I have to mark all 3 with same dupekey..?

hugbug
Developer & Admin

Post by hugbug » 25 Dec 2017, 17:02

Right, it's DupeScan.

Yes, any string will work but make sure to never (ever) reuse it for other files.